so i'll ask again........

Deepest Blue said:
Last night was the first time I've lost it with the crap that was going on.

The refereeing was just totally predictable. Walton gives most of the routine decisions correctly to both sides but the important ones get waved away if the result would favour us and given if favouring Everton.

Moyes instilled his own personal hatred for our club into his players and instructed them to play as if their lives depended on it and not to fear the concequences of fouling and other infractions as there wouldn't be any. He knew it and we all knew it before the game kicked off.

Mancini was naïve to think that attempting to just win the game by playing the superior football would succeed.
He took the blame in the post-match interview I saw and rightly so.
The last 2 visits to that ground and refereed by Walton gave him plenty of opportunity to see what had to be done for a result to be gained. If that meant a return to the tactics of last season then so be it as Everton certainly do not have enough to beat us by taking the game to us.

Lessons learned? I hope so.

As previous posters have mentioned we need to get as sly, dirty and hard as the Rags or they will be carrying off the title and giving us that smile and lecture about history and experience of their genius manager.

About 24 mins - foul in centre circle on Milner, ref not giving it and waves play on. Ball breaks on right hand side to Nasri (I think) in acres of space to attack and build something promising as he starts moving with the ball towards penalty area.

At which point Walton pulls play back for the foul on Milner.

All very subtle.

Or just as subtle as going back to Drenthe to give him a yellow for a red card offence thereby ensuring that he saw it and no retrospective action..

samharris said:
Or just as subtle as going back to Drenthe to give him a yellow for a red card offence thereby ensuring that he saw it and no retrospective action..
I don't agree with all these conspiracy theories, but that tackle was outlandish. How the fuck can anyone get away with that?

CityBuzzin said:
Deepest Blue said:
Last night was the first time I've lost it with the crap that was going on.

The refereeing was just totally predictable. Walton gives most of the routine decisions correctly to both sides but the important ones get waved away if the result would favour us and given if favouring Everton.

Moyes instilled his own personal hatred for our club into his players and instructed them to play as if their lives depended on it and not to fear the concequences of fouling and other infractions as there wouldn't be any. He knew it and we all knew it before the game kicked off.

Mancini was naïve to think that attempting to just win the game by playing the superior football would succeed.
He took the blame in the post-match interview I saw and rightly so.
The last 2 visits to that ground and refereed by Walton gave him plenty of opportunity to see what had to be done for a result to be gained. If that meant a return to the tactics of last season then so be it as Everton certainly do not have enough to beat us by taking the game to us.

Lessons learned? I hope so.

As previous posters have mentioned we need to get as sly, dirty and hard as the Rags or they will be carrying off the title and giving us that smile and lecture about history and experience of their genius manager.

Dont think we would get away with bieng Sly & Dirty, we get penalised for getting fouled. Harder Yes
Its clear we get no protection so we are just going to have to live with it and when we win the Title it will make it all the fuckin sweeter

strongbowholic said:
About 24 mins - foul in centre circle on Milner, ref not giving it and waves play on. Ball breaks on right hand side to Nasri (I think) in acres of space to attack and build something promising as he starts moving with the ball towards penalty area.

At which point Walton pulls play back for the foul on Milner.

All very subtle.

Glad you noticed that too. About 15 minutes later the same thing happened, the ball comes to Milner wide right after a foul in the centre. 3 Everton players round him, zero advantage and the cnut plays on! He's the worst ref in the PL by a country mile and I said on the thread he was named referee we would not win this game. BUT.... we lost it because we were poor and we have been for a while. It's worrying.

I'm not sure if there is an FA agenda, i certainly hope not, but there is definitely a Sky/media one as proved by Tyler's comment after Kompany was booked and Hart had been fouled by Everton's Argentinian striker and was fuming, " a moral victory for Everton here".

What the fuck does that mean, Hart was justified to be pissed off as he was getting kicked after being barged to the floor and Vincent had every right to be pissed off after commiting one innocuous challenge and getting booked for it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.