So is it all over?

Red_fan said:
chris.russell83 said:
If we are within 3 points of ManUre come the derby...we will win the league. I hate to say this but players need to step up. Dominate the whole season, got to win the league.

That would then depend on how GD is at the time and how City get on at Newcastle, which will be a tough game.
So will yours at Sunderland

Arsenal away is our tough game - on paper.

I really don't know how we are not top. The credit goes to Ferguson, refereeing

Citizen52 said:
jimharri said:
mcfclovin said:
That's the thing we have to win all our games(including the one against them) and now they have to draw or lose against someone else other than us. I think we will beat them, but I don't see them dropping points anywhere else.
Monday night, maybe. Everton away, maybe.But to counter that, we've got to go to the Emirates, Carrow Road, St James' Park/Sports Direct/ whatever they're calling it now and Molyneux. And win the lot. With our current away form. And that's without mentioning the home games.

I think they won 1-0 at Everton.

Agree with your post, i've felt sceptical about us for some time now :(
You're correct. They've got Everton at the sty on April 22nd. Humble apologies.

Marvin said:
Red_fan said:
chris.russell83 said:
If we are within 3 points of ManUre come the derby...we will win the league. I hate to say this but players need to step up. Dominate the whole season, got to win the league.

That would then depend on how GD is at the time and how City get on at Newcastle, which will be a tough game.

Huh? Time to look at ourselves mate. We don't deserve to be top.

Marvin said:

True, Sunderland in theory will be tough (as will Norwich for you). I'm hoping their players will be practically on the beach though, as they should be comfortably mid table with nothing to play for. Although saying that there's a good chance Newcastle might have a Europa place sewn up by the time they play you lot too, so maybe they could be the same.

Everton at home is a fixture I worry about, as they can be right cunts to break down and they're in good form as well. They have an away game with Stoke that should get rearranged to 3/4 days before we play them (because of the cup semi final v Liverpool) though, which might help us get over the line in that one.

jimharri said:
In my humble, but honestly held, opinion it's been over since either
A. Our defeat at Swansea, or (perhaps more pertinently)
B. When the vermin got the last minute winner at Norwich.

Regarding item B I stated this in an earlier post and was vilified. I also stated that Ferguson would want to be 5-6 points ahead by the end of the month( OK I am 2 days out) .
This is why Mancini needs to go he is unaware of what is required to win the Premiership. Let's face it he can't beat a team over two legs. eg Man U, Liverpool, Sporting.
I don't like the man but as Hidink won't come then we do need Mohrinio.

CTID

Red_fan said:
Marvin said:

True, Sunderland in theory will be tough (as will Norwich for you). I'm hoping their players will be practically on the beach though, as they should be comfortably mid table with nothing to play for. Although saying that there's a good chance Newcastle might have a Europa place sewn up by the time they play you lot too, so maybe they could be the same.

Everton at home is a fixture I worry about, as they can be right cunts to break down and they're in good form as well. They have an away game with Stoke that should get rearranged to 3/4 days before we play them (because of the cup semi final v Liverpool) though, which might help us get over the line in that one.

Moyes will do everything in his power to ensure the Everton performance at OT is a procession.

bluefandk said:
We still have a chance, not a big chance but theres no need for any blues to surrender just yet.

Well put Churchill. We're not the French with the white flag out. Need some bulldog spirit now Blues.

For me it is in terms of the title, didn't fancy us from Swansea, but in hindsight it started agsinst WBA, or possibly QPR.

That's not to say we've not had a top season, but for the league not for me, I'm a city fan so I know shit and this is a breath of fresh air from what I and us are used to, but we're not going to win it from here.

In my opinon It's the players and not Mancini who need to ask themselves questions, if with 8 games to go and the title in your hands, you can't get yourselves over the line, then you are not good enough one way or the other.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.