So is it all over?

jimharri said:
Dirty Harry said:
jimharri said:
I'm confused; nothing new there, I hear you say! Why do they have to win? Even if they lost (please God; make it happen!), they'd still be two points ahead of us.

Not sure what you're saying here but the thread title is 'So is it all over ?`, the point I'm making is that it won't be easy (see rest of post), if they do lose then it's more in our own hands than it was before todays game.
Like you say though, fingers crossed they do lose.
What I'm saying is that you said that United have got to go to Blackburn and win, yes? Well; they don't, for the reasons I outlined above.

OK, I'll rephrase it for you, they have to go to Blackburn and win to take advantage of our result, is that better ?

City Raider said:
they have momentum but momentum doesnt win titles, look at us!

we need to hang around, show some stubborness and fight and hope momentum switches again

the season is a bit weird, i think it will
There's zero comparison of momentum in September and momentum in April.

Dirty Harry said:
jimharri said:
Dirty Harry said:
Not sure what you're saying here but the thread title is 'So is it all over ?`, the point I'm making is that it won't be easy (see rest of post), if they do lose then it's more in our own hands than it was before todays game.
What I'm saying is that you said that United have got to go to Blackburn and win, yes? Well; they don't, for the reasons I outlined above.

OK, I'll rephrase it for you, they have to go to Blackburn and win to take advantage of our result, is that better ?
Yeah; just a pity you didn't make that clearer in your original post. Would have saved a lot of grief!

Akai said:
rickmcfc said:
Are you fucking mad, it was over 3 weeks ago when United picked up points at Tottenham. I said it at the time and I will say it again, the derby won't mean anything to the title race, it will be irrelevant.

it will be annoying if we have to do the line of honor if they win it before.
Just talking about this on the way back to the car...and we have decided if that is the case our seats will be empty..couldn't stand it

Unforunately it's out of our hands now, lets hope for the best.

We need to just keep racking up the wins and hope they slip so we pip them the end of this month..

jimharri said:
Dirty Harry said:
jimharri said:

Yeah; just a pity you didn't make that clearer in your original post. Would have saved a lot of grief!

It seemed quite obvious to me, what else would I have meant in relation to this thread ?

Dirty Harry said:
jimharri said:
Dirty Harry said:

Stranger things have happened; like United losing at home to Blackburn and then Newcastle. They've been riding a lot of luck lately such as at Norwich and then against Fulham last week. And, don't forget getting outplayed by Spurs but somehow winning by a 2 goal margin.

Somehow, the undeserved comeback for a point today feels like an omen (a good one in City's favor) for me. Definitely didn't deserve anything today, but like United against Chelsea, we somehow came back and got the point.

Couldn't believe folks were leaving the Etihad early today and can't believe how weak-kneed everybody on the forum is as well. A draw or loss to Blackburn on Monday, while unlikely, would give some undeserved momentum to City, so lets just hang on and see what happens.

Lets at least go along for the ride and not just jump off a bridge just yet.

richball_PF55 said:
Unforunately it's out of our hands now, lets hope for the best.

We need to just keep racking up the wins and hope they slip so we pip them the end of this month..

Your right united win Monday its a 5 point gap and they got themselves back into it so we can. Just hope Blackburn win Monday now but that's wishful thinking.

Don't give up

Andouble said:
City Raider said:
they have momentum but momentum doesnt win titles, look at us!

we need to hang around, show some stubborness and fight and hope momentum switches again

the season is a bit weird, i think it will
There's zero comparison of momentum in September and momentum in April.

8 games is more than enough for a shift, just trying to be positive

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.