So just how is Baconface going to "put this to bed"...

Buzzers said:
gio's side step said:
Football fans are fickle. Those angry at Rooney are actually upset and afraid that it is a microcosm of their empire falling. Anything to reassure them that is not the case, i.e. a constructed Rooney u-turn (with some lovely poetic quotes about how he just needed assurances, he never wanted to leave, he's at the biggest club in the world, etc) would fickly turn that anger into enthusiasm again

Dont think so, even if he were to come out at this stage and say he changed his mind, he loves the place and wants to sign for life there's the implications of the 'ambition' statement too and the public row with Fergie.

The only way I'd see it being forgiven if he was to get his head down, shut his mouth and do his talking on the pitch, something which he hasn't done for quite a while, whether its blaming his team mates as he did with Nani, blaming the crowd as he did at the WC or blaming the manager as he did last week the one person Rooney seems unable to lay any blame with (for his form) its himself, and I dont see that changing anytime soon.

I don't think he is arsed about the rags forgiving him. He didn't care about Everton forgiving him either.

He has moved for more trophies in the coming years (and more money) in the exact same way he did when he left the toffees. You can't blame him.

SWP's back said:
I don't think he is arsed about the rags forgiving him. He didn't care about Everton forgiving him either.

He has moved for more trophies in the coming years (and more money) in the exact same way he did when he left the toffees. You can't blame him.

I dont either but he would be if this 'conspiracy' had an ounce of truth.

The situation is obviously different from when he left Everton at 18. He joined a bigger club to continue to develop which he did.

As for medals, look at what he's won at Utd and I dont think that argument holds any weight whatsoever. We've gone 1 year without winning the league or reaching a CL final, no club can guarantee him better than that year on year at this stage. People might point and say we've lost Ronaldo & Tevez from them but likewise before we went on our last winning streak we'd lost Keane and were 'screwed', before that we'd lost Beckham, RvN... big teams lose big players... if we were in a situation like Arsenal, on the back of a number of empty years you could maybe understand but after 1 year? Sorry I just dont buy it.

Buzzers said:
SWP's back said:

The situation is obviously different from when he left Everton at 18. He joined a bigger club to continue to develop which he did.

As for medals, look at what he's won at Utd and I dont think that argument holds any weight whatsoever. We've gone 1 year without winning the league or reaching a CL final, no club can guarantee him better than that year on year at this stage. People might point and say we've lost Ronaldo & Tevez from them but likewise before we went on our last winning streak we'd lost Keane and were 'screwed', before that we'd lost Beckham, RvN... big teams lose big players... if we were in a situation like Arsenal, on the back of a number of empty years you could maybe understand but after 1 year? Sorry I just dont buy it.
He doesn't want to get himself in an Arsenal situation where he goes 4 or 5 years without winning something. That's why he's leaving now... BEFORE it happens.

Buzzers said:
SWP's back said:

You've never lost it in the past because you've always had stars to replace stars.

Cantona goes Beckham replaces him.
Beckham falls out with Fergie, Ronaldo arrives (plus Giggs & Scholes hit their peak)
Keane leaves, Rooney's there to take up the role of passionate leader on the pitch.
Ronadlo goes, Rooney also carries the weight of being the teams main goalscorer.

Rooney goes, who shouts the odds on the pitch? Who gets the goals week in week out?

And it looks like there will be no additions, which is why he wants out.

United aren't finished, but they are closer than you seem to think.

Buzzers said:
SWP's back said:

Rooney knows what's coming next. He sees the so called 'potential' every day in training & he knows that Utd's two best players are about to retire & they have nothing remotely in the same class to replace them. Ferdinand is an injury waiting to happen & the beloved manager is also going to retire soon enough, after watching the yanks run the club into the ground rather than making a stand. Ferguson sticks up for them because he is the reason they are there due to his bust up with Magner & McManus. His backing of the Americans is a fucking disgrace & shows him up for what he really is & the Uts fans for being brainwashed morons by backing down when he asked them .

Utd are completely & utterly screwed. It may take a few years for it to come to fruition fully but they're in deep shit & it's getting worse. Rooney knows it & doesn't want to waste his career trying in vain to stem the tide of crapulence descending on the club.

If "utd look after their own because they're that type of club" ,why is nobby stiles selling his medals to raise some money?

Buzzers said:
SWP's back said:

I understand that you want to stick up for your club and are bitter about the 'betrayal' by Wazza, but do you seriously believe that you are going to win trophies with your current squad and/or that the Glazers are going to cough up the relevant funds to buy? If so, I am going to have to place you on the delusional list [it's getting very long] and recommend that you seek medical attention. At least you don't buy this strange conspiracy theory, which seems completely illogical as Fergie spilled the beans first and Rooney has now left himself no way back. Imagine that, 'Your own fans booing you'. I'll just leave it at one LOL as you've been so understanding. Have a nice day and keep up with the medication... :-)

Buzzers said:
SWP's back said:

Mate, when you lost Keane, Beckham or RVN you had Scholes, Ronaldo, Giggs, Rooney, Tevez etc etc. You had a very strong squad and 1st team. I remember seeing Utd put teams away for fun, your subs bench would have graced 90% of Prem 1st teams.

Those days are gone. Teams aren't beaten in the tunnel beforehand anymore. Yes, he won lots in the last 5/6 years but that is now history. He has the medals to prove it.

The only people I know that think Utd are a better prospect in the next 5 years than City or Chelsea happen to be Utd fans. You don't have to agree with me and I don't expect you will. What you must do however, is see the other side of the argument, whether you agree with it or not.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.