So, on Wednesday.....

I will expect changes but I doubt we will see the likes of Aguero, Silva or Yaya drop out as Stoke is a harder game than many think. Aguero is crucial in a game like this because his feet are unbelievably quick and up against their centre halves he could get a lot of joy.

If the ball spends most of its time in the air, Stoke will win.
But assuming it spends most of its time on the ground, we'll win - comfortably.

But to agree with some others on here, I also met some Stoke fans after the cup final, in our hotel, and they were nice friendly people who genuinely just seemed to have enjoyed the day and accepted that City were better ... so good luck to them after Weds.

I think if we get an early one we can go 3-0, but if we leave it late I'd very much settle for a 1-0

Some good and reasonable posts lads, nice one ;-)

I think that Pulis' tactics will be negative just to try and avoid defeat but i can't see that happening to be honest.

We will just try and unsettle you straight from the off by snapping at your heels.

A merry christmas and Hi-Six to one and all ;)

Shafter said:
Some good and reasonable posts lads, nice one ;-)

I think that Pulis' tactics will be negative just to try and avoid defeat but i can't see that happening to be honest.

We will just try and unsettle you straight from the off by snapping at your heels.

A merry christmas and Hi-Six to one and all ;)
haha...like the 'Hi-Six'! You're on a cracking run at the minute, and I don't think your manager will rest anyone - the team are confident right now and he'll not want to upset the apple cart. Oh, and I personally think you'll batter Villa.

As for Europe - fucking great run for Stoke. Valencia should be a cracking tie, but I wouldn't fancy PSV in the next round (I'm sure they'll beat Trabzonspor).

think we will win comfortably with the way we are playing.Would like to see some of our better players on the bench-Richards,Aguero etc and bring em on if need be.

Shafter said:
How many do you reckon you'll beat us by? ;)

Hey, shafter mate, gimme six.

If we stroll along thinking that turn up = win, we may well come unstuck. I don't think we will be that unprofessional. I would expect to hear some phrases like these in the next 24 hours:

"stoke is very strong team, they will be strong in the air. This is normal."

"we must not think that because we beat arsenal we can easily beat stoke, this is important"

"we must defend very well. Only this"

I'd think we will rotate because that was one ding dong on Sunday. Expect to see Lescott and clichy at the back for kolo t and zaba, Milner in for Barry, adam Johnson in for nasri and Dzeko in for Mario.

Pay stoke the respect they deserve, concentrate and defend the set pieces well and it's 3-0 or 3-1 city. Assume we win by turning up and it goes nastily wrong.

Chris in London said:
"stoke is very strong team, they will be strong in the air. This is normal."

"we must not think that because we beat arsenal we can easily beat stoke, this is important"

"we must defend very well. Only this"

That made me grin. Well done!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.