BBC+
Guardian +
Mail +
Telegraph +

Mirror nothing
Independent nothing
Let's see how it changes once the feature writers get stuck in

Daily Mail
Manchester City confident of meeting Financial Fair Play rules as club report record revenues of £346.5m

The results also show City are no longer the club with the biggest wage bill in the Premier League - they are now second on £204million behind neighbours Manchester United's £214.8million.

The figures underline the strides the club has made since the takeover by Sheikh Mansour bin Zayed al-Nahyan, of the Abu Dhabi ruling family, since he bought City in August 2008.

Wages are now 59 per cent of turnover, compared to 86 per cent a year ago.

Guardian
In a sign of the Abu Dhabi-owned club’s growing stature since the 2008 takeover, turnover has broken the £300m mark for the first time, reaching £347m.

Independent
The club which has established a London office to help grow commercial partners, says its revenues in that field has increased by 16 per cent to £165.8m and matchday revenue by 20 per cent to £47.5m. But it is the new TV deal which is proving most significant for all clubs. City’s abundance of TV appearances as they clinched the title has seen their TV revenues grow 51 per cent to £133.2 million.

Just a couple of snippets. Hopefully when City start banning Sky Reporters from the ground, for their bias against the club, it will not affect our TV revenues.
Good to see you're on the case, Sheriff ;-)

Never has a financial loss been so positively reported. I am starting to believe in a pro-city agenda :-)

franksinatra said:
gordondaviesmoustache said:
franksinatra said:
Daily Mail
Manchester City confident of meeting Financial Fair Play rules as club report record revenues of £346.5m

The results also show City are no longer the club with the biggest wage bill in the Premier League - they are now second on £204million behind neighbours Manchester United's £214.8million.

The figures underline the strides the club has made since the takeover by Sheikh Mansour bin Zayed al-Nahyan, of the Abu Dhabi ruling family, since he bought City in August 2008.

Wages are now 59 per cent of turnover, compared to 86 per cent a year ago.

Guardian
In a sign of the Abu Dhabi-owned club’s growing stature since the 2008 takeover, turnover has broken the £300m mark for the first time, reaching £347m.

Independent
The club which has established a London office to help grow commercial partners, says its revenues in that field has increased by 16 per cent to £165.8m and matchday revenue by 20 per cent to £47.5m. But it is the new TV deal which is proving most significant for all clubs. City’s abundance of TV appearances as they clinched the title has seen their TV revenues grow 51 per cent to £133.2 million.

Just a couple of snippets. Hopefully when City start banning Sky Reporters from the ground, for their bias against the club, it will not affect our TV revenues.
Good to see you're on the case, Sheriff ;-)

Never has a financial loss been so positively reported. I am starting to believe in a pro-city agenda :-)

He waits; that's what he does. And I tell you what: tick followed tock followed tick followed tock followed tick

After hearing the figures on 5 live at about 5pm I broke my self imposed ban on listening to talkshite and surprise surprise not a fucking mention!!! Confirms what we all know, so if you were ever in doubt don't be

We are getting a good review off Colin Murray and Danny Murphy on talkspite, they are practically creaming over Sergio
Makes a pleasant change!

blue underpants said:
We are getting a good review off Colin Murray and Danny Murphy on talkspite, they are practically creaming over Sergio
Makes a pleasant change!

As an arch agendarist it amazes me how only now is Sergio getting the credit he deserves, building him up to an extent that I have expected in previous seasons.Last season it was Suarez, the season before, bale both going for dramatic transfer fees. The received wisdom at the time was that the amount of money meant that they could re-build their sides with the proceeds. Spurs went out and tried to re-build their team and failed, Liverpool thought spurs were an aberration and that they could make a better fist of it, us have again spectacularly failed.

The fact is that people have realised that these type of players are literally irreplaceable, now, with this knowledge finally, they are talking Sergio up, no doubt with the express intention that the hype will lead to a Madrid or Barca making an astronomical bid.

One thing it does prove is that positive media coverage has a dramatic impact on a players confidence as Sergio truly has gone up another level which I genuinely didn't think was possible.

Blue Mooner said:
blue underpants said:
Makes a pleasant change!

As an arch agendarist it amazes me how only now is Sergio getting the credit he deserves, building him up to an extent that I have expected in previous seasons.Last season it was Suarez, the season before, bale both going for dramatic transfer fees. The received wisdom at the time was that the amount of money meant that they could re-build their sides with the proceeds. Spurs went out and tried to re-build their team and failed, Liverpool thought spurs were an aberration and that they could make a better fist of it, us have again spectacularly failed.

The fact is that people have realised that these type of players are literally irreplaceable, now, with this knowledge finally, they are talking Sergio up, no doubt with the express intention that the hype will lead to a Madrid or Barca making an astronomical bid.

One thing it does prove is that positive media coverage has a dramatic impact on a players confidence as Sergio truly has gone up another level which I genuinely didn't think was possible.

Brilliant. City players do not get credit, their is an agenda against the club. City player gets credit, it is so other clubs will bid for them and take our best assets. Based on that logic you are correct their is an agenda.

I think it's about time we started broadcasting our distaste for certain "Journalists"

And the best way to do it is with a tasteful chant we can all join in with.

"If you hate *Insert "Journalist" here* Clap your hands..."

All of them fit in. "Jamie Jackson", "That Twat Collymore", "Danny Mills", or even just "If you think there's an agenda clap your hands." the possibilities are endless!

TheThirdDeano said:
I think it's about time we started broadcasting our distaste for certain "Journalists"

All of them fit in. "Jamie Jackson", "That Twat Collymore", "Danny Mills", or even just "If you think there's an agenda clap your hands." the possibilities are endless!

not the way to go.
just dont click, or listen.

i think a point to make is that sometimes perceived negative coverage isn't an orchestrated agenda-driven attempt to bring down MCFC by a popular hatred, it's just click bait for the many Liverpool, Chelsea and Man Utd fans. That's all. Just dont click on it.

TheThirdDeano said:

I'm not one to advocate unruly behaviour but I think we should storm and occupy the press area and let them know what we think, especially when Green and Saggers are present

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.