So what's to be done?

Chippy_boy said:
blueinsa said:
its a Barm said:
So we are doomed then, doomed I tell thee.

Khaldoon told us all we were about to take a pinch and a pinch we re having to take but it wont last forever.

We all need to calm down and stop trying to second guess every decision being made by those in charge of the club because so far, they have done a remarkable job.

I suspect Barm was joking mate.

But the point remains, I don't think we can spend big this Summer. Not the end of the world, but our road to European dominant force will be a long one.

As i said above fella, Khaldoon said we would have to take a pinch and a pinch we are taking. Other clubs are going to make hay while that sun shines knowing that sooner rather than later, we will be back and able to spend what the fuck we like!

blueinsa said:
Chippy_boy said:
blueinsa said:
Khaldoon told us all we were about to take a pinch and a pinch we re having to take but it wont last forever.

We all need to calm down and stop trying to second guess every decision being made by those in charge of the club because so far, they have done a remarkable job.

But the point remains, I don't think we can spend big this Summer. Not the end of the world, but our road to European dominant force will be a long one.

As i said above fella, Khaldoon said we would have to take a pinch and a pinch we are taking. Other clubs are going to make hay while that sun shines knowing that sooner rather than later, we will be back and able to spend what the fuck we like!

TBH it's futile speculating about what we should or shouldn't be able to spend this summer because none of us really knows. The fact remains that we've just spent 30 million on a forward this January and spent 40 odd million on a centre half last summer, so it's not like we're having to live off freebies and scraps.

The team needs renovations - I'm sure the powers that be are well aware of that and I'm sure that with the expansion of the stadium and the opening of the CFA, that the intention is to ensure that we don't stagnate on the pitch.

At a certain point you have to separate the things we should be concerned about from the knee jerk reactionary stuff which is just people letting off steam and being unable to control their emotions (like the OP).

Its not abt FFP its about spending what we have wisely on the right players who must be value for money. We should be signing world class players but we havnt since Sergio. We have overpaid for players playing in poor leagues. Lessons must be learnt against the better teams on the pitch also.

Mister Appointment said:
blueinsa said:
Chippy_boy said:

TBH it's futile speculating about what we should or shouldn't be able to spend this summer because none of us really knows. The fact remains that we've just spent 30 million on a forward this January and spent 40 odd million on a centre half last summer, so it's not like we're having to live off freebies and scraps.

The team needs renovations - I'm sure the powers that be are well aware of that and I'm sure that with the expansion of the stadium and the opening of the CFA, that the intention is to ensure that we don't stagnate on the pitch.

At a certain point you have to separate the things we should be concerned about from the knee jerk reactionary stuff which is just people letting off steam and being unable to control their emotions (like the OP).

Yes, it was an uncontrolled emotional outburst wasn't it???@?@

Idiot.

How about...
* A plan B?
* Shooting from distance?
* Playing Lamps and Bony more?
* Not asking Milner to play in three/four different roles in the twilight minutes.
* Not relying on a player that goes to ACON for meat end of season, then comes back tired.

No money mentioned there

1961_vintage said:
Appoint Rafa on an interim basis. Give him the brief of freshening-up the playing style, motivating those players that we want to have a long term future here, introducing some of the academy talent to the 1st team, whilst executing some tough decisions in terms of clearing-out the lazy ego's who seem to be more comfortable playing for themselves rather than Manchester City Football Club.

Give Viera a role working with Benitez as the bridge between now and PG coming-in.

Do this after we go out of the Champions League.

Not sure if Guardiola is the answer but agree 100% with everything else. Spot on.

I wish I knew what the problems were. Firstly though, you've got to look at the motivation of the players. It was the same last time we won the league. The next season, a lot of performances dropped and we surrendered the league fairly easily. It's not over yet, but so far, it's looking like a similar pattern. It might be a failure of the manager to adapt his tactics to a league that knows how to exploit our weaknesses a bit more than they did previously.

The other area where I've been less that impressed is our failure to nurture young talent. Whether this is an issue in recruitment, training or simply down to the players themselves, I'm not sure, but most of our younger players have failed to make the grade. Even players like Nastasic and Adam Johnson who were on the cusp of the first team for a long time and playing well for long periods (admittedly with the sort of inconsistency you get with youngsters). I think that maybe this obsession with having two experienced players for every position has caused some problems in this respect, and also contributed to the amount of decent-but-never-going-to-set-the-world-alight players we've got. I think we need to recognise that in the league in particular, we're not going to lose against the likes of Burnley because we've got one or two young players in the team, and actually give them a chance. But having two players for every position means that you have to play the likes of Sagna or Navas instead of a youngster, because these players expect to play. And in the short term, they're the better option, but it doesn't help if you want to bring youngsters through. It probably also doesn't help us attract young players to the club. To be fair, we have had a nightmare with injuries for a lot of our younger players.

Having said that, the Spanish fellas should be judged over 10 years, and overall, I'm seeing a lot of progress. I'm sure they know better than any of us what needs to improve. I don't see the need for a massive overhaul really. The core of the squad is still great. If it turns out that Pellegrini has basically done all he can, then it might be time for a new manager, but that's not automatic just because we happen to be going through a bad patch.

I am in the 'dont panic' camp. Option A would have been the closest to what I actually think we do but it was worded so negatively that I go for option E.... Dont panic, we've got a good team with one or two players having a bad season in terms of injury and form.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.