So what's to be done?

Re: Are we not fit enough ?

I said the same of Zabba yesterday,he looked heavy and cumbersome.....the grey beard didn't help...... but he's beginning to look old.

Fitness is the one thing that is under your control, if someone is better or faster, that's the advantage they have, but not to be able to last 90 mins is piss poor preparation.
On a slightly different note, fitness & determination will sometimes carry you(admittedly only so far), to prove a point, look at Celtics results in Europe, they've beaten some top teams at home mainly by determination, with players who for skill couldn't hold a candle to some of ours

uwe rosler 28 said:
tramazi said:
uwe rosler 28 said:
Being so predictable to the opposition has to be 1 of the first things to change! Some players need dropping ie zabba, vinny, nasri, dzeko! And at the end of the season sack the manager and bringbin a man who will oversee the transformation of the squad and who will be in charge for the forcible future!

But Zabba is one of our hardest workers, city through and through, good enough for world cup finals with one of the best teams in the world. nah we should keep him no matter what. Kompany is going through a bad phase and might need dropping for a game or two (Is it me or does he look more chunkier this year), Nasri is one of our hardest workers, Dzeko... I am undecided, he plays very well with Aguerro and our goals come from these two imo. I would swap Dzeko ONLY for a world class proven striker.

I just mean dropping not selling! I feel for both full backs the amount of exposure they get! For me the whole defence just look nervous! We should have won the league this season with the squad we have no doubt about it! And a decent manager would have done its not hard to work out what system and players are needed for certain games! Now in Europe its a different kettle of fish! No team in England is good enough to win it! But again we should have made easy work of the group stage and been a lot harder to play against barca!

Zaba looks knackered to me. He's been playing far too much. 50 odd games for us last season as our only RB, straight into a full world cup, immediately back into the team and he's played nearly every game this season as well. He's 30 now, we can't keep playing him three times a week.

As the season has gone on, he seems to have less and less gas to make it up and down the pitch, he's become less useful in attack and he's making sloppy mistakes in defence. Time to give Sagna a couple of games and bring Zabaleta back for Barca.

Stop wasting such ridiculous amounts of money on mediocre/average players like Fernando, Mangala etc.

The likes of Yaya, Zaba, Silva, Kompany and Aguero have been ever present for years now, Kompany and Aguero have suffered far too many muscle injuries. Silva's another one who's suffered with injuries over the years. A miracle how Zab and Yaya have stayed injury free.

Not much rest for them lot over the last few seasons so possibly it's playing a part in Zab and Kompany's decline at the moment. Yaya's bound to lose some mobility and speed, he's never been a spring chicken and is getting on.

domalino said:
uwe rosler 28 said:
tramazi said:
But Zabba is one of our hardest workers, city through and through, good enough for world cup finals with one of the best teams in the world. nah we should keep him no matter what. Kompany is going through a bad phase and might need dropping for a game or two (Is it me or does he look more chunkier this year), Nasri is one of our hardest workers, Dzeko... I am undecided, he plays very well with Aguerro and our goals come from these two imo. I would swap Dzeko ONLY for a world class proven striker.

I just mean dropping not selling! I feel for both full backs the amount of exposure they get! For me the whole defence just look nervous! We should have won the league this season with the squad we have no doubt about it! And a decent manager would have done its not hard to work out what system and players are needed for certain games! Now in Europe its a different kettle of fish! No team in England is good enough to win it! But again we should have made easy work of the group stage and been a lot harder to play against barca!

Zaba looks knackered to me. He's been playing far too much. 50 odd games for us last season as our only RB, straight into a full world cup, immediately back into the team and he's played nearly every game this season as well. He's 30 now, we can't keep playing him three times a week.

As the season has gone on, he seems to have less and less gas to make it up and down the pitch, he's become less useful in attack and he's making sloppy mistakes in defence. Time to give Sagna a couple of games and bring Zabaleta back for Barca.

Yeah get a couple of the players out and rested up before we play west brom at home in a couple of weeks 2 weeks rest will do the world of good to vinny and zabba! Also need to look at trying to get a bit of a rest in to sergio he's playing every min at the mo as is spanish dave!

SouthStandCal said:
Or it could just be a matter of our main squad players growing old..they're not going to stay fresh forever mate

Of those listed, 3 of them are 28 or under.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.