So what's to be done?

B: Pellegrini can't motivate the players anymore and they obviously don't agree with the tactics, too naive with 4-4-2 and too stubborn to change it, need a manager that can get the players going, someone in the middle of Mancini and Pellegrini, not too stubborn and not too soft, someone like Klopp who can tear into the players when needed but also can take players in with his personality. He has champions league pedigree by getting a weak Dortmund team on paper to a champions league final and will also form a better relationship with the fans.

C: Out:
Cabellero
Sagna
Kolarov
Fernando
Nasri
Dzeko
Nastasic (gone)
Negredo (going)
Jovetic
Milner (probably going)
Yaya

Doesn't have to be done in one transfer window but in the next 2 years we need to trim the squad down and bring in younger, hungrier players

In: Hg keeper
Young lb
Young rb
Dynamic, tenacious midfielder with the ability to pass the ball (Verrati, Gundogan, Matuidi etc)
Young pacey winger who can beat 2-3 players (Reus etc)
Promote striker from academy (Ambrose, Pozo)
One of Denayer or Rekik
Promote Brandon Barker
A deep midfielder who can control a game, but also put effort in defensively (Pogba would be nice but maybe too much)

Again this can't be done in one transfer window but we seriously need to address the age of our squad, people saying it doesn't matter but AC milan didn't sort it and look where they are now.

What I find most frustrating, is that I can accept we wont win something every season. There's a clutch of teams with plenty of resources whose squads are going hit their peak at different points and will be edging eachother out season on season. I was prepared at the start of this season that it might well be chelsea's turn. As it's turned out, theyve not even been that good. We could've gone through this season without beating a top four side and be sitting comfortably at the top if we'd have performed better against the so-called weaker teams. Can't help but feel we've had a great opportunity this year to win back to back titles which would have put us in really great shape going forward. A second trophyless season for mourinho could have really set Chelsea back too as I genuinely dont know where they could've gone from there. The manner of our cup exits has only added to the frustration.

That said, how we bounce back from trophyless seasons and rebuild is going to be a huge part of how we remain a successful force in coming years. I'm pretty concerned we've left ourselves with too much rebuilding to do all at once after some pretty poor transfer activity these past couple of years.

Gelsons Dad said:
New Director of Football.
We had money and a crap manager.
Then we had money and a good manager but average DoF
Then we had money, a good manager and a new DoF who undermined the manager
Now we have money, an average manager and a DoF who has proved to be irresponsible with regard to FFP and limited in his vision of football.

we built a great team and then removed the driving force and replaced him with a grey man. That decision was driven by the DoF.

Address the cause not the symptoms.

So very true. The problem's not just Pellegrini. You can also add in one or two of the players into this mix, not just the shit ones, the politicians. But that's the result of the structure not being right. #together my arse!

Do you think that after this season those who make the decisions will have learnt from recent transfer windows and decide it's time to follow up their stated ambition for the club and buy top class players? Bale, Pogba, etc of that level.

Or has Ffp and being holistic fucked us up to the extent we can just expect more Sinclairs, Fernandos and Caballeros? If this is the case we may as well get used to more seasons like this and in five or ten years be looking back on our title wins and 6-1 away wins as a brief, halcyon time.

We’re starting to pay the price for some pretty inept transfer dealings over the last few seasons. The team hasn’t evolved and our star players have lost their drive and hunger.

Sadly, the doubters have been proved right. This isn’t just a blip. It’s a serious malaise that some of us could see coming a long time ago.

We need a heartbeat and hopefully this will come from a couple of our youth team players breaking through next season. Otherwise we could do a lot worse than admit we were wrong and bring back Kieran Trippier.

Off the pitch, we need a Manager who can motivate. I also think we need somebody who can speak good English as I honestly think Pellegrini struggles to communicate the finer details.

grim up north said:
Judging by the hysteria on here everybody from Khaldoon down to the U18 needs sacking and we start again

We might as well dissolve the club and create F.C. City of Manchester with the staff being handpicked from bluemoon

Blankomania said:
grim up north said:
Judging by the hysteria on here everybody from Khaldoon down to the U18 needs sacking and we start again

We might as well dissolve the club and create F.C. City of Manchester with the staff being handpicked from bluemoon

Good plan CL winners within in 3 years with the expertise on here

its stood out from the first game,too much space in midfield,and total lack of pace when attacking,navas just doesnt beat a defender any more,and fails to put a quality cross in any more,dont know whats happened to the dead ball and corners this season,somethings not right,and its got to change this summer,the talk of benitez as next manager will be a backward step,

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.