So what's to be done?

Two players from the past – Tevez and Bedlamy – these type of players are what is needed.. We have not replaced Tevez – and Bedlamy would have “put a rocket up a few arses”.

We must bring in hungry young players who have quality – easier said than done. Give some of our academy players a “taste ” of the first team – no , not all at once.

Our first priority is to stay in the top 3.

I can see Dzeko , Nasri , and Yaya moving on in the summer. – and another thought has occured to me –
the back room staff. – coaches etc. Surely some thought has to be given into defensive duties. For a laugh I would appoint Pullis as Defensive coach – and see our Goals from Corners increase.

Hungry young decent technical players please – Pellergrini!.

tolmie's hairdoo said:
The levels of fitness intensity are shocking.

It becomes more pronounced when we keep making the same mistakes.

We are accommodating reputation, rather than necessity.

Toure, Nasri, Silva.

Not one of them has it in their locker to put in consistent hard yards, not their game

I would argue only one can play at any one time. Silva is a luxury we can just about carry, but not the other two.

Some accurate points there, reputation over necessity being a stand-out for me. I do not believe the problem is laziness, just an inability to cope with today's demanding high-tempo high-pressing game. We just cannot afford one-dimensional players anymore, because football has 'moved on' in regards to stamina, in fact all aspects of fitness.

citymad said:
SilverFox2 said:
Fernd_06 said:
Unfortunately, buying 4-5 world class players at CB, RB, Wide forward, CM and most importantly a world class man IN THE DUGOUT is only option.

In time that will be done but we cannot do this all at once.

Apart from the risk factor (our recent purchases are somewhat suspect), our balance sheet has only just got into the black so being able to afford several really good players may be a no go if FFP rules are to be complied with.
But why do we keep spending 30 odd million for average players? I'm not sure the club has plan in terms of signings.

I really don't know.

If these players will improve then how are they different from some of our academy stars ?
As you say they have been expensive and drafting them in has been part of the problem. They are certainly no better than the ones they replaced yet cost a lot of money.
If we knew that then the policy is wrong. If we thought they were better than they are proving to be then it is bad judgement.

Bluep*ss said:
Two players from the past – Tevez and Bedlamy – these type of players are what is needed.. We have not replaced Tevez – and Bedlamy would have “put a rocket up a few arses”.

We must bring in hungry young players who have quality – easier said than done. Give some of our academy players a “taste ” of the first team – no , not all at once.

I can see Dzeko , Nasri , and Yaya moving on in the summer. – and another thought has occured to me –
the back room staff. – coaches etc. Surely some thought has to be given into defensive duties. For a laugh I would appoint Pullis as Defensive coach – and see our Goals from Corners increase.

Believe it or not that is what Mark Hughes was doing when he was in charge, he didnt go out to the foreigners he stuck with English players, players who have grown up with the premier league and have the passion required. Every manager since then hasnt given any thought to passion and drive, just talent! Crazy.

We need to buy British talent imo, or grow it, then suppliment with talent. The way we are doing it is a fkin embarrassment being a city fan sometimes when I have to face m8s

tramazi said:
Bluep*ss said:

Believe it or not that is what Mark Hughes was doing when he was in charge, he didnt go out to the foreigners he stuck with English players, players who have grown up with the premier league and have the passion required. Every manager since then hasnt given any thought to passion and drive, just talent! Crazy.

We need to buy British talent imo, or grow it, then suppliment with talent. The way we are doing it is a fkin embarrassment being a city fan sometimes when I have to face m8s

That's just nonsense mate. I don't see a lack of passion and committment in the Barca players, none of whom are English.

And what little English talent there is, is way overpriced or completely unavailable. How much do you think Brenda would let Sterling go for?

None of our recent signings are not playing because they aren't trying hard enough: They aren't playing because they aren't good enough.

[
My main worry is that Aguero might get fed up with City.[/quote]

This is spot-on. Sergio look frustrated today. We have to keep him at all costs.[/quote]

If he wasn't thinking "if I was playing for Barca i would havescored a hat trick by now"then there's something wrong with him.He was living off scraps last night with limited opportunities"..the only saving grac eis that with their front 3 they don't need him otherwise I reckon he would be off like a shot.

Chippy_boy said:
tramazi said:
Bluep*ss said:

That's just nonsense mate. I don't see a lack of passion and committment in the Barca players, none of whom are English.

And what little English talent there is, is way overpriced or completely unavailable. How much do you think Brenda would let Sterling go for?

None of our recent signings are not playing because they aren't trying hard enough: They aren't playing because they aren't good enough.

But they are good enough, we have won things and we have shown we can play the best football in the premier, something has changed and gone wrong and when they do go wrong the players cannot give up like they have.

Sterling isnt talent imo anyway. There is british talent though, and quite honestly 30m for Mangala and Bony could have been better spent on them.

Regarding Barca players, no they are not english but my point was they arent lazy foriegners who cant be arsed. I even suspect that's why they got rid of Toure.

tramazi said:
Chippy_boy said:
tramazi said:

But they are good enough, we have won things and we have shown we can play the best football in the premier, something has changed and gone wrong and when they do go wrong the players cannot give up like they have.

Sterling isnt talent imo anyway. There is british talent though, and quite honestly 30m for Mangala and Bony could have been better spent on them.

Regarding Barca players, no they are not english but my point was they arent lazy foriegners who cant be arsed. I even suspect that's why they got rid of Toure.

Of course I find it easy to agree that we don't want lazy players who can't be arsed.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.