So what's to be done?

I wonder if sheikh mansour was watching today. He must think tens of millions spent improving a double winning team. 100s of millions on a training ground. Millions spent expanding the ground to watch Liverpool play us off the park and to top it off Chelsea lifting the cup that we won last year and wimped out of this year and no improvement again in the champions league.. Fuck me he must be a patient man. If it were me I'd be pissed.

jayblue said:
I wonder if sheikh mansour was watching today. He must think tens of millions spent improving a double winning team. 100s of millions on a training ground. Millions spent expanding the ground to watch Liverpool play us off the park and to top it off Chelsea lifting the cup that we won last year and wimped out of this year and no improvement again in the champions league.. Fuck me he must be a patient man. If it were me I'd be pissed.

Hard to argue with any of that.

jayblue said:
Doesn't seem like the type that likes losing. MP's ass is very close to getting chopped and the next few weeks are critical I'd bet .

For me its management to blame , from whoever
makes signings to pelligrini picking the team , games like today you need three players in midfield who are willing to graft their balls off, we started with just one of those today (ferna) , should have been the two ferns and milner starting today.

jayblue said:

You sound as though you are totally pissed.

Definitely the system and tactics. Most people on the match day thread called it when they saw the set up. Look what Mourinho done today - he changed his system to counter Tottenham's, and won the cup. Pellegrini doesn't seem to want to change his system. I'm sure he'll learn.....

BluessinceHydeRoad said:
jayblue said:

You sound as though you are totally pissed.
Actually I'm not. What bit did I get wrong ? Oh yes we wimped out of the fa cup as well. Silly me

malg said:
Definitely the system and tactics. Most people on the match day thread called it when they saw the set up. Look what Mourinho done today - he changed his system to counter Tottenham's, and won the cup. Pellegrini doesn't seem to want to change his system. I'm sure he'll learn.....

I know you are being ironic. This guy will never learn. Get rid at the end of the season.

Chippy_boy said:
(A) Nothing? All is well and every teams have these blips. Keep the faith and we'll win the season again?

(B) New manager? Pellegrini has shown his limitations and inability to learn from mistakes and the time has come to replace him? But who with?

(C) New players? Window after window of disappointing transfers, and now somehow - with FFP spending restrictions still in place for the next 2 windows, we are to miraculously sign star players?

(D) New management team? The team that oversaw us fail FFP in the first place and has presided over poor transfer after poor transfer?

Honestly, I don't know what to make of it, nor what we should do. But I don't think its (A), do you?

Nothing will be done at this stage. I'm sure all the management team will be summoned in the close season to Abu Dhabi where a analysis of this season will take place.

As others have said this season we have had FFP to deal with. The hang Over from the World Cup. An unusual amount of injuries to key players. The ACON tournament to deal with.

Next season with non of these on the horizon I expect us to make a better fist of it. However one thing is for certain I'll be utterly amazed if Pelligrini gets his contract extended so he will be gone somewhere around 1st July 2016.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.