sod the champions league

When people know they will only have a short wait to get on the move they will stay longer. Until then people will leave early to avoid 45 minutes in a traffic jam. Not everyone can park in an unofficial car park 10 minutes away and if they did it would only move the congestion. The transport links to the ground are very poor. The traffic management after games is terrible. This is the message 20000 fans leaving early sends. I hope it is properly addressed with the development plans.

danburge82 said:
citytill1die84 said:
Happens at every ground get over it.
The thing is it doesn't happen at every single ground every single week like it does at CoMS! Yeah maybe now and again you might see a ground emptying early but it happens with us every single game, regardless of the opposition and score. I think we're the worst set of fans for fucking off en mass in the country and it's anything from about 78minutes onwards. What's the fuckin point in these people being there at all? May as well not bother, then they won't have to worry about traffic and they'd save a load of money n'all!

People can say things like "I don't have to answer to anyone", "I'll do as I please", "the traffic's too bad", "X factor is on", "I'm under the thumb and me wife wants me in by 6pm"..... the fact remains that you clearly don't give a flying fuck about the club - examples recently include needing a win to make sure we are in the driving seat for 3rd place but the score is tied at 1-1 against Fulham. We needed a winner, if we didn't win it put Chelsea in a position that if they win their games in hand they go above us. But no people are more bothered about other things. As I say, sometimes some people may have something that is of a greater importance and might need to do a runner with 5 to go. But why 10-15000 "fans"? They obviously feel that results don't matter, that supporting the team onto the win isn't important.

There's nothing anyone can say that will make me think that this isn't shit support!

-- Sun Mar 06, 2011 9:08 am --

Lordeffingham said:
The way some people, particlarly on these forums like to dictate the terms that others live their life by, watch City by and see fit to make comments regarding THEIR opinions, makes me piss.

There presumeably are hard and fast Rules, which everyone should abide by, they must do this to prove without any doubt at all, that they are the epitomy of everything that is required to be classed as a true City fan.

Am sick of those on here always seeking to force their views on others, we are still apparently free men and women, living in a free country and though maybe not acting or voicing exactly what others want to hear, are just as entitled as the stallwart little Hitlers spouting off about what, where and when we should do, say and think, and how if we don't we are not fit to stand amongst our truly great and worthy adversaries.

Well nobody tells me what I can or can't do, and I'd suggest if you want to be a dictator, find someone who is inferior or submissive to you, or maybe just shut the fuck up, and keep your big fucking nose out of what others CHOOSE to do!

Oh dear!

You say you don't like people dictating to other people what they should and should not be doing, but then tell people to shut the fuck up. As I say, oh dear!
there's nothing that you say that will make a blind bit of difference or change a thing,people will do what THEY want to do,an internet forum made up of strangers will change fuck all

this is why we'll never do what the scum do, or Arsenal, or what Liverpool used to do so well. Score important late goals. When the ground is half empty and people are streaming towards the exits then there's no way you can get that high intensity climax that so many of the best teams rely on at home

i honestly think this is why we'll continue to fall short. It's all very well smashing a team by 60 minutes, but sometimes you need that late winner. And that's something we never, EVER do because the atmosphere is flat as a pancake by the 88th minute

brianstrousersnake said:
there's nothing that you say that will make a blind bit of difference or change a thing,people will do what THEY want to do,an internet forum made up of strangers will change fuck all

You'd be surprised how powerful an Internet forum can be. My eyes are opened to things now and again and I learn new things now and again. Also look at the Neil Young red and black scarves charity raising idea, it was started on an Internet forum; look at The Blue Alliance and them attempting to address the problem of our terrible atmopshere, they use the Internet to spread their name; look at the big banner at CoMS that has Arabic writing and the English translation, from this site... Internet forums can do great things in tw real world!

The more it's drilled into people that the team needs our support right to the end, especially when we aren't winning and need the win, it might open the eyes of fans and make them realise "yeah, you know what, the team do need our full support, I'm gonna stay to the end from now on!" Even if it's just 100 people out of the 10-15000 who do one early, that's still 100 more people in the ground than are staying at present.

deJong_Ones said:
this is why we'll never do what the scum do, or Arsenal, or what Liverpool used to do so well. Score important late goals. When the ground is half empty and people are streaming towards the exits then there's no way you can get that high intensity climax that so many of the best teams rely on at home

i honestly think this is why we'll continue to fall short. It's all very well smashing a team by 60 minutes, but sometimes you need that late winner. And that's something we never, EVER do because the atmosphere is flat as a pancake by the 88th minute

There i was thinking it was because we were sat on our own goal line almost with no intention of attacking.....silly me!

Sorry but the traffic excuse is bollocks. I leave at ft walk 15 mins to the car and am home in Leeds 45mins to an hour later.

Jnr Kisby said:
Sorry but the traffic excuse is bollocks. I leave at ft walk 15 mins to the car and am home in Leeds 45mins to an hour later.
same here
we have a fifteen minute walk to Hadfields
usually home at 5.35pm, and we are near Burnley

yesterday was bus and drinking day though, so home after 10!!!

i just don't see the need for the rush home
when i lived in walsall i would leave a couple of mins early, only if it was a night game, but not on a Saturday or Sunday
too many people rushing around being somewhere these days

chill out, stroll out, walk into town, get a bite to eat and then make your way home when the traffic's gone lol

squirtyflower said:
Jnr Kisby said:
same here

I also park about 10 mins walk away on an unofficial car park and i too get home ok but for many that park on the official car parks, getting away after the match is a nightmare and that's the gripe i think here lads.

I never go early and i never will but again, i don't have to sit for hours in traffic trying to get away from the ground.

Lets all hope that City can address the the exit problems and traffic management in the near future.

We don't leave early, despite the fact that we have to

a) wait for the lift.
b) wait for the lift again as it was full of lazy people with legs who can't be arsed using the stairs.
c) wait for the jobsworth traffic police to open the stadium exit.

Don't see why people want to leave before the end tbh.

blueinsa said:
squirtyflower said:
same here

I also park about 10 mins walk away on an unofficial car park and i too get home ok but for many that park on the official car parks, getting away after the match is a nightmare and that's the gripe i think here lads.

I never go early and i never will but again, i don't have to sit for hours in traffic trying to get away from the ground.

Lets all hope that City can address the the exit problems and traffic management in the near future.
which is why i gave up going on the north car park and changed it to hadfields

yesterday we went by bus and when we got out of the ground all the buses to town had gone!
nevermind just hobbled into town on my gouty foot without starting a thread blaming mcfc or the council or the bus company

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.