sod the champions league

brianstrousersnake said:
Nobody needs an excuse as to why they leave early,infact its got fuck all to do with anyone else

But the people who have a problem with it are entitled to their opionion.

I think it's fuckin shit when people leave early. Why do they want to miss the end of the game? it's as, if not more, important than any other part of the game! Whether it's 64 or 94 minutes they need us!

I must admit I can't help but shake my head when people are walking out in the 82nd minute, although me and mum get as far up the steps to the concourse as we can before the final whistle so we don't get stuck on them waiting for everyone else to filter out. It did go through my head that with almost 5 minutes to go, the ground was half empty. It reminded me of how quick the Sunderland fans dispersed in the 80th minute when City battered them away a few years back, I think Foe scored a couple.

The only two times in the last 10 years I have left early we have scored. Both games vs Liverpool, first a Fowler equalizer and that Kiki Musampa goal a few years back! I was devoed and won't ever do it again!

nashark said:
Some might say that anyone who leaves early is a lesser fan than someone who stays to the end.

Smoe might say that you're on a wind up mission with this post :-)

What a ludicrous thread.

Am I allowed to go for a piss at half time or does that not make me as good a fan as you?

People have any reason they want leave early, you need to get out more!!!

Uwe Roslers Grandad said:
What a ludicrous thread.

Am I allowed to go for a piss at half time or does that not make me as good a fan as you?

People have any reason they want leave early, you need to get out more!!!

I used to make the joke that people were leaving to go and watch X factor, but there's nowt on tele on a Saturday night to go home to.

Yes some people will need to leave early, but why THOUSANDS?!

I think all car parks should remain closed until 10 mins after the final whistle.

Respect to people who went to tonight ,its a shit time when people do things with their wife /husband and families.
wind your neck in ,if peeps want to go early its up to them.

Supporting City week in week out is an expensive affair and that's why I can't fathom the early rush . . the last 5 minutes + added time is often the most exciting part of the game - last gasp chances, tired legs,clumsy leg break tackles, goals unexpected.
Why on earth would someone want to throw that away - especially when they've already paid dear for their seat and transport.

I make a point of applauding all of the players off the pitch before I even think about walking out . . by then the crowds died away and the car parks are freed up . . nice.

Wembley '99

The ones who left early will never know that feeling when the last of those two goals went in. The penalty shoot out win was good - but there was something about the feeling of coming back from the brink of humiliation and being stuck in the third tier for another season that I don't think will ever be matched. The rags had won the FA Cup, The league and the European Champions League and we were moments from having to stay in the second division. Winning a final or the league would be great - but it'll never be saving us from such an embarrasment again.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.