sod the champions league

citymad said:
brianstrousersnake said:
its called choice and absolutely no fucker has to justify why

True but you have to admit these fans are poor supporters and are embarrassing the club in front of millions. The other posters right we will never score late goals because of the flat atmosphere and so if you want to blame the team for lost points perhaps these "fans" should take a hard look at themselves and share the blame.
no,these 'fans' aren't the ones being paid 100k plus a week to do their job

I left at half time because i had to get to work :( was the first time i have left the ground before the final wistle and if felt really wird, walking away from the ground on my own with football still to play.

brianstrousersnake said:
citymad said:
True but you have to admit these fans are poor supporters and are embarrassing the club in front of millions. The other posters right we will never score late goals because of the flat atmosphere and so if you want to blame the team for lost points perhaps these "fans" should take a hard look at themselves and share the blame.
no,these 'fans' aren't the ones being paid 100k plus a week to do their job
Like you could do any better on the pitch mate

Sod loyalty points, the club should be selling tickets using the criteria of minutes that people have spent actually watching the team.

Where does everyone have to be off to so fast? I go to places like Oulton Park for the Touring Cars and as soon as the last race is over it's a mad rush to sit in a traffic jam. Why? I get out a footy and have a kick about, have a spot of tea, wander about, then at about 7pm (2 hrs after the last race) I set off home with zero conjestion having had 2 hrs of fun instead of 2 hrs sat in a traffic jam.

At the match why not bring a book, go for a shop at ASDA, visit the City Shop, walk along the canal? Then leave in peace and quiet with no queues. I swear you'll only get home half an hour or so later than you would if you'd left at the end and sat in a traffic jam.

Or come on the train and get the bus to and from the ground, probably cheaper and quicker. I park in Heaton Chapel on a match day and get the train in (about a couple of quid). In Manchester within 10 mins, short bus trip to the stadium. No hassle, cheap and quick.

Of course you have a choice and it's completely up to you what you do. I just don't get why you'd want to leave early.

Where does everyone have to be off to so fast? I go to places like Oulton Park for the Touring Cars and as soon as the last race is over it's a mad rush to sit in a traffic jam. Why? I get out a footy and have a kick about, have a spot of tea, wander about, then at about 7pm (2 hrs after the last race) I set off home with zero conjestion having had 2 hrs of fun instead of 2 hrs sat in a traffic jam.

At the match why not bring a book, go for a shop at ASDA, visit the City Shop, walk along the canal? Then leave in peace and quiet with no queues. I swear you'll only get home half an hour or so later than you would if you'd left at the end and sat in a traffic jam.

Or come on the train and get the bus to and from the ground, probably cheaper and quicker. I park in Heaton Chapel on a match day and get the train in (about a couple of quid). In Manchester within 10 mins, short bus trip to the stadium. No hassle, cheap and quick.

Of course you have a choice and it's completely up to you what you do. I just don't get why you'd want to leave early.[/quote]

Could the club help in this by maybe having some of the youth team games or the ladies team playing at mini coms after a game.

I had a flight to catch after the Fulham game. As I only get to 4 or 5 home games a season my experience has always been parking at the ground or over the road past Asda and stuck in traffic for 45 minutes after the game. When I'm with my kids(who live in the UK) and taking them home after the game it's no big deal. We put the radio on and listen to the idiots on both end of the phone ins. When I'm alone and flying back to Zurich after the game I can't afford to be stuck in traffic so choose to leave early and keep my job. Which I like. Because it pays me enough to fly to the UK and watch City. Usually when they're playing Bolton or Fulham or Blackburn. Now I may be a plastic but at lease I'm putting the hard yards in. In the last 5 seasons the only big team I've seen us play is Chelsea and we lost. Thats out of 25 trips to the UK. I've also been away this season to Salzburg and Turin. I didn't leave those games early as I had taken 2 days vacation for each.

Those holier than thou on here who think it's a mortal sin to leave early are living in their own little world which doesn't match everyone else's circumstance and frankly you sound just a little bit like shitbags banging on about leaving early.

Gelsons Dad said:
I had a flight to catch after the Fulham game. As I only get to 4 or 5 home games a season my experience has always been parking at the ground or over the road past Asda and stuck in traffic for 45 minutes after the game. When I'm with my kids(who live in the UK) and taking them home after the game it's no big deal. We put the radio on and listen to the idiots on both end of the phone ins. When I'm alone and flying back to Zurich after the game I can't afford to be stuck in traffic so choose to leave early and keep my job. Which I like. Because it pays me enough to fly to the UK and watch City. Usually when they're playing Bolton or Fulham or Blackburn. Now I may be a plastic but at lease I'm putting the hard yards in. In the last 5 seasons the only big team I've seen us play is Chelsea and we lost. Thats out of 25 trips to the UK. I've also been away this season to Salzburg and Turin. I didn't leave those games early as I had taken 2 days vacation for each.

Those holier than thou on here who think it's a mortal sin to leave early are living in their own little world which doesn't match everyone else's circumstance and frankly you sound just a little bit like shitbags banging on about leaving early.

I have a season ticket and go to all the home games and the odd away ones,I occasionally leave 2 minutes early if I need to be some where (work,five a side, golf,pub etc) it is called juggling a busy life and is my choice
Fans like you though who come all the way from Zurich (even for only a few games) are far more loyal in my opinion,I dont know if I would go that far on a regular basis.
The bloke next to me comes from London every week , again far more loyal than me.
I have total respect for you mate and I am sorry to hear you cant see one of the big games,pm me and I will let you have my season ticket for one of them ,and I will watch it be another means, I think people like you are the true fan cheers Dave

We have fans leaving early, fans moaning, fans not coming to cup games etc, yet we're in the top 3, the later stages of 2 cup competitions, have the best owners you could wish for, the best set of players since the 70's, the best manager since Mercer/Alison, the conclusion reached is that we have some great loyal supporters but we also have some poor supporters. When we hear how brilliant our support is it's usually being said by a city fan so we should think twice before we make these remarks otherwise we'd sound more like Newcastle's deluded fans.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.