Some more info.( update page 47 )

Re: Some more info...................

hgblue said:
GStar, we're never going to agree about this are we? See I've had a bellyful of being Liddle Cidde, everyone's second favourite team (because we were shit and therefore not considered a threat). I'm sick of being patronised and ridiculed by our 'friends' down the road. Yes, we've coped brilliantly with thirty years of fuck all, and it's a credit to blues everywhere that we were playing to full houses in the old Third division. Now it's pay back time. If JT can contribute to wiping the smug grin of the arrogant faces of our toe-rag neighbours, then I say 'Bring Him In'. They'll be a few rags keeping a low profile in my neck of the woods if we win anything, I can promise you that!

See, for me, the be all and end all isn't about having an oppourtunity to rub utd's face in it, because if we just go round buying success we're just as bad as them.

For me its about City being successful, theres a balance to building a club that can sustain success long term. If we do that no one can label us the way they did with Chelsea and actually believe it.

If we win something with players like Ireland Onuha, to an extent Micah and Joe then no one can say shit, they were with us when Samaras and Corradi were knocking defences shitless. They may well go on to be good enough to help us challenge for titles.

C_T_I_D said:
I cannot see John Terry leaving a club where he is on a high wage already and at a club he clearly loves who are regular participants in the Champions League. I just do not understand how we could attract him to the club personally, what have we got to offer him what he has not already got? He's a millionaire already, he doesn't need to uproot at this stage in his career and take a chance on the 'project' which may or may not take off.

The agent of Eto'o is being very smart by not showing his hand in my opinion. Why would you lay your cards on the deck when you're trying to engineer the last contract that your player will sign? What I assume will happen is that we will make him an offer and then he will go back to Barcelona (I don't for one second believe he wishes to leave) and see if they are willing to match the amount we specified. If this is not matched then he will welcome offers and if we are the only ones left standing then he'll bite the bullet and come to us. He rightfully sees us as a major step down, but they are the European Champions so there is no complaint from me for him taking that view.

I'm most looking forward to Tevez though. That remains my sole wish in this transfer market at the moment. I really want this concluded.

Hit the nail on the head imho CTID.

GStar said:
hgblue said:
GStar, we're never going to agree about this are we? See I've had a bellyful of being Liddle Cidde, everyone's second favourite team (because we were shit and therefore not considered a threat). I'm sick of being patronised and ridiculed by our 'friends' down the road. Yes, we've coped brilliantly with thirty years of fuck all, and it's a credit to blues everywhere that we were playing to full houses in the old Third division. Now it's pay back time. If JT can contribute to wiping the smug grin of the arrogant faces of our toe-rag neighbours, then I say 'Bring Him In'. They'll be a few rags keeping a low profile in my neck of the woods if we win anything, I can promise you that!

See, for me, the be all and end all isn't about having an oppourtunity to rub utd's face in it, because if we just go round buying success we're just as bad as them.

For me its about City being successful, theres a balance to building a club that can sustain success long term. If we do that no one can label us the way they did with Chelsea and actually believe it.

If we win something with players like Ireland Onuha, to an extent Micah and Joe then no one can say shit, they were with us when Samaras and Corradi were knocking defences shitless. They may well go on to be good enough to help us challenge for titles.

That's the top and bottom of it for me Terry=Keane=United=Wankers and I don't want City to be wankers

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.newsoftheworld.co.uk/sport/82168/pound60M-CITY-BID-FOR-JOHN-Terry-Arab-owners-ready-to-bankroll-mega-bid-for-Chelsea-skipper.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.newsoftheworld.co.uk/sport/8 ... ipper.html</a>

£60M CITY BID FOR JOHN TERRY
Arab owners ready to bankroll mega bid for Chelsea skipper

WANTED MAN - John Terry
By ROB SHEPHERD, 22/11/2008

MANCHESTER CITY are ready to launch an incredible £60million bid for John Terry.

City's billionaire Arab owners plan to test Chelsea's resolve after identifying the England captain as their No 1 target.

Ideally City would love to land Terry in the January transfer window but recognise there is more chance of the deal happening at the end of the season.

I understand Terry emerged as the man around whom City want to build a title-challenging side after talks between manager Mark Hughes, chief executive Gary Cook and Sheikh Mansour, who heads the investment company which owns the club.

Hughes was asked to identify the leading player in the world in every position and was told by Sheikh Mansour the club would do everything possible to bring them to Eastlands.

Although Terry is seen as the cornerstone of Chelsea's recent success, City's Abu Dhabi owners firmly believe every player has his price.

They would happily sanction a £200,000 a week deal for Terry, making him the highest paid player in the world.

And at a time when the credit crunch has hit his multi-billion pound empire, even Roman Abramovich would be forced to contemplate the massive £60m fee.

Hughes explained to Sheikh Mansour that while the likes of AC Milan playmaker Kaka might bring the glamour the Arabs crave, he wants to build a side strong in class and experience . . . with Terry a vital part of that.

It is believed City have already put the wheels in motion on both deals with third parties sounding out representatives of the players.

Impact
Despite Terry's status as 'Mr Chelsea' he may have his head turned by the £10m a year salary package.

While Terry has a major sense of loyalty to Chelsea, he wasn't best pleased at how long it took him to secure a new £140,000 a week contract at the Bridge, only for Frank Lampard to successfully hold out for a better deal. Chelsea sources have talked openly about their distrust of City following the bidding war which saw them miss out on Robinho during the last transfer window.

One factor in City's favour, however, is the increasing uncertainty of the true impact of the global financial crisis on Abramovich.

The Russian's personal wealth was estimated to be around £11billon last year but it is believed some of his companies have suffered huge losses in recent months.

Pressure

And the word around the club is that chief executive Peter Kenyon has been told lavish spending in the transfer market is now a thing of the past.

City's owners, on the other hand, are in a different financial league with Sheikh Mansour reputed to be worth over £50bn.

The next step of their plan to become the 'New Chelsea' is put the financial pressure on the West London club and see if Abramovich would be tempted by a £60m fee.

City's statement of intent will be confirmed in January when they finalise a £50m deal for Juventus keeper Gigi Buffon.

Sections of the Italian media were reporting yesterday that Buffon's wife has already visited Manchester to check out possible accomodation.

blueinsa said:
Where have i said throw players like Ireland and Onuoha on the scrapheap? If they are good enough they will make it.They are both showing that.

Kaka, do you think he is playing for fook all at RM? Do you?

Why do you think Robinho came? The weather? The nightlife in town? Our class? Money perhaps?
And how does Onuoha prove himself if we buy Terry, then another established superstar... how does he ever get a chance to prove himself... sit on the bench and hope for an injury before he's 30?

You said, for the second time, "They will play for whoever pays the most. They couldnt give a shit about the club they play for". I'd safely say we offered not only the larger transfer fee but also a higher wage packet than RM.

Was Robinho born in Madird? Did he come through their academy? Has he only ever played at one club? Was he the first name on the team sheet every week?

spursmad321 said:
svennis pennis said:
I preferred it when you were concrete on deals.

If this is what the forum would like, then I am quite happy to comply.

Nah mate, i Just worry you feel you have to say everything you hear in order to fulfill the demand so to speak. You have an excellent record and are clearly in a minority of one who can confidently say what is going on. I believe you in that we are trying to negotiate the deals, its just not a certainty is all.

I imagine you are getting bombarded to buggery with PMs and have now produced the superstar that is being bayed for on here.

If you arent comfortable posting then do not feel rail roaded into doing so because you know its what people want to hear. In saying all that you are clearly confident enough to post names so fair fucking play.

Blue Coop said:
http://www.newsoftheworld.co.uk/sport/82168/pound60M-CITY-BID-FOR-JOHN-Terry-Arab-owners-ready-to-bankroll-mega-bid-for-Chelsea-skipper.html

£60M CITY BID FOR JOHN TERRY
Arab owners ready to bankroll mega bid for Chelsea skipper

WANTED MAN - John Terry
By ROB SHEPHERD, 22/11/2008
MANCHESTER CITY are ready to launch an incredible £60million bid for John Terry.

City's billionaire Arab owners plan to test Chelsea's resolve after identifying the England captain as their No 1 target.

Ideally City would love to land Terry in the January transfer window but recognise there is more chance of the deal happening at the end of the season.

I understand Terry emerged as the man around whom City want to build a title-challenging side after talks between manager Mark Hughes, chief executive Gary Cook and Sheikh Mansour, who heads the investment company which owns the club.

Hughes was asked to identify the leading player in the world in every position and was told by Sheikh Mansour the club would do everything possible to bring them to Eastlands.

Although Terry is seen as the cornerstone of Chelsea's recent success, City's Abu Dhabi owners firmly believe every player has his price.

They would happily sanction a £200,000 a week deal for Terry, making him the highest paid player in the world.

And at a time when the credit crunch has hit his multi-billion pound empire, even Roman Abramovich would be forced to contemplate the massive £60m fee.

Hughes explained to Sheikh Mansour that while the likes of AC Milan playmaker Kaka might bring the glamour the Arabs crave, he wants to build a side strong in class and experience . . . with Terry a vital part of that.

It is believed City have already put the wheels in motion on both deals with third parties sounding out representatives of the players.

Impact
Despite Terry's status as 'Mr Chelsea' he may have his head turned by the £10m a year salary package.

While Terry has a major sense of loyalty to Chelsea, he wasn't best pleased at how long it took him to secure a new £140,000 a week contract at the Bridge, only for Frank Lampard to successfully hold out for a better deal. Chelsea sources have talked openly about their distrust of City following the bidding war which saw them miss out on Robinho during the last transfer window.

One factor in City's favour, however, is the increasing uncertainty of the true impact of the global financial crisis on Abramovich.

The Russian's personal wealth was estimated to be around £11billon last year but it is believed some of his companies have suffered huge losses in recent months.

Pressure

And the word around the club is that chief executive Peter Kenyon has been told lavish spending in the transfer market is now a thing of the past.

City's owners, on the other hand, are in a different financial league with Sheikh Mansour reputed to be worth over £50bn.

The next step of their plan to become the 'New Chelsea' is put the financial pressure on the West London club and see if Abramovich would be tempted by a £60m fee.

City's statement of intent will be confirmed in January when they finalise a £50m deal for Juventus keeper Gigi Buffon.

Sections of the Italian media were reporting yesterday that Buffon's wife has already visited Manchester to check out possible accomodation.

Look at the date

GStar said:
hgblue said:

Yes I can see where your coming from mate. I'm a bit more ruthless than you though and believe that kids will rise to the top if they're good enough. As for what fans of other clubs think of us, I can say without hesitation 'Fuck 'em'.

hgblue said:
Yes I can see where your coming from mate. I'm a bit more ruthless than you though and believe that kids will rise to the top if they're good enough. As for what fans of other clubs think of us, I can say without hesitation 'Fuck 'em'.

Its been a good debate this, when people haven't jumped in ill informed.

Personally i'd take a year or two extra development than i guess you would, if it meant i could say we did things differnetly ot others. I'd beleive we did it the "right" way.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.