Some Of Our Fans

west didsblue said:
Just wanted to point out that I pissed in the urinals as there was a queue for the sinks.
Blue Peter badge on it's way to you in the post ...unlike the bar staff who took it upon themselves to piss in thousands of plastic pint pots n' then sold em on at £4.80p a pop !

rick773 said:
Millwallawayveteran1988 said:
People fighting over a word?

Jesus some people are precious.

my dad's gonna fuck you up for using the J word.

6ehzbb.jpg

Didsbury Dave said:
Cheekster said:
I didn't attend Sunday's final but did go to Wembley last year against Wigan. I know this has been said many times in the thread, but the main problem is that most people have been drinking since the morning (myself included). I found the atmosphere around me to be ugly at times, and I felt constantly on edge. At half time I was queuing for a beer, (while my husband went to the toilet) a young man stood in front of me got punched hard in the face by a drunken thug for no reason whatsoever. His head snapped back and I was smashed in the face by the back of his head. The drunk thug's mates thought it was funny! I was dumbstruck and appalled. I witnessed City fans fighting amongst themselves and more violence when we stopped at a service station. I honestly don't think a Wembley cup final is a place for children at all, which is a massive shame as my two would absolutely love to go.
Incidentally, my only other trip to Wembley was as a young teenager at the Gillingham game and I had a wonderful day.

The night before the Gillingham game in central London, I witnessed busses getting bottled outside a pub full of City. I also ran into a nasty looking firm of Millwall on the morning of the game. There was a big kickoff in front of me at the game itself, when we were 2-1 down and Terry Cooke ballsed a cross up. Someone shouted "Cook you fucking wanker" or something, the bloke in front lost his head, they had to get broken up from fighting.

Later on that night, after the mother of all pissups (and plenty of Munich songs, I'm sure), on the tube from Wembley to central London, everyone was letting off fire extinguishers and firing them at each other. And skinning up and smoking.

This "our fans have changed" shite has no basis whatsoever in reality and appears to come from people who suddenly been thrust into an "away" crowd by our recent success. The atmosphere is more pleasant now than it's ever been and Sunday was an example of that.

Why do we have people on here who feel the need to don sackcloth and ashes and self-flagellate after every game? For fuck's sake, if it isn't the boistrousness it's the lack of atmosphere or the early leavers or the tourists or the booers.

Our fans are OK.

At last.... a post i can finaly agree with. Just about got it spot on.

From one DD to another DD........Well said !

Ted_Bovis said:
de niro said:
gordondaviesmoustache said:
Anyone who gets offended at football fans pissing in sinks should probably take up watching netball tbh.

Normally yes but I was still washing my hands at the time.

Washing your hands?
Big girl. Who washes their hands these days?
Call yourself a fan.

I'm from newton heath, clean living people we are.

de niro said:
Ted_Bovis said:
de niro said:
Normally yes but I was still washing my hands at the time.

Washing your hands?
Big girl. Who washes their hands these days?
Call yourself a fan.

I'm from newton heath, clean living people we are.

Something fucking horrendous came from Newton Heath - I'll remember just what in a minute...

Goatfacekillah said:
jknight said:
Although alcohol might be cited as a reason for these thugs it can't be held as an excuse. I've been to cricket matches and rugby matches where fans are drinking lots of beer - in the case of cricket some grounds sold it in 4 pint cartons and you drank while you watched the game. If you know you turn into a complete twat when you drink too much then have some self control.

I wasn't at Wembley but I never see any trouble at the Etihad - not even pissing in sinks when there are massive queues. I agree that this is a small minority of fans but if these twats are scaring women and children on what should be a happy occasion, City don't need these wankers as fans.

It's almost nothing to do with football - it's the British culture of drinking way beyond a sensible limit, and then continuing to do so. Behaviour at cricket matches has deteriorated from what I understand, but cricket's not likely to create the same type of flash points as it's a more docile game. Nor does it have matches which start later, or late, in the day - this is the main problem for me and why we've seen more incidents surrounding a Wembley trip versus a regular away match. It's the sense of big occasion (which we always drink for), the late kick off and continuous drinking whilst travelling and before the match.

I like a beer myself, but it's never made me want to hurt people or cause trouble. Like you say, most people should know their limits and stick to them.

Spot on. Went to the races last June. Far more people struggling with booze than at Wembley

I think it's mad how some blues see our support these days. I can guarantee all the ones saying 'our support is changing' are of the older generation, otherwise how would they know? And I can guarantee that most of that generation at one point stood on a very packed kippax terrace, where people drank alcohol, did drugs, and surprise surprise, pissed down the back of the leg of the supporter in front of you. Now in my opinion, I'd much rather see a bloke pissing in a sink than down the back of my leg. I think you must be pretty mad if you think people didn't do drugs at City games back in the 80's and 90's, especially considering drugs were a massive part of Manchester's culture at the time, and Moss Side was a war zone for drug dealers. Looking back on my time at games as a kid from both Maine Road and Eastlands days, you do realise that people were doing some pretty illegal stuff, including drugs, but did I pick up on it at the time? No, did I fuck, I was a kid, I cared about watching City and then going home and kicking a football about in the street, didn't care about what some people were sticking up their noses. Sure I think if you're doing drugs you should be responsible enough to do it away from them, but I honestly don't think they pick it up as much as some like to believe.

Everyone stood around me on Sunday was spot on. People were shaking hand & hugging each other at the end. I didn't see a hint of trouble from City or Sunderland fans & people were mixing in the pubs & on the tube before & after the game with no problems whatsoever.

I'd say incident wise, it was a massive success considering how many people were there.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.