Something Special about Stockport?

Feel it is a bit gentrified tbh, not sure many Brinnington or Edgeley residents are drinking in The Cracked Actor! I'd disagree with the market being booming, thought it was a terrible idea to charge entry for it, you can walk around every stall in 5 minutes. I think the makers market that tours the local areas is much better (though I think it does now go to Edgeley)

I had heard of Where the Light Comes In, not really my sort of thing but I'll check out the other 2 places you mentioned. The Greek place on Petersgate, Rozafa, is really nice
So do they charge to go in the market hall all the time? I was there last Sunday for a scooter meet and they did charge, thought it was a one off, as you say 5 minutes and you've seen it all, mostly vintage clothing.
All the bars were doing good business, nice to see the area thriving after years of going down the nick.
I grew up in Hazel Grove and now live in Heald Green, always been proud of coming from Stockport, glad to see it on the rise again.

Used to travel up to glasgow quite regularly by train and whenever we stopped at Stockport the folk on the platforms always looked utterly demoralised.
Not sure if that was because they came from Stockport or the fact they were about to board a piss stained, foul smelling carriage where the chances of being mugged was quite high..

That’s all I’ve got on the place. :-)

Used to travel up to glasgow quite regularly by train and whenever we stopped at Stockport the folk on the platforms always looked utterly demoralised.
Not sure if that was because they came from Stockport or the fact they were about to board a piss stained, foul smelling carriage where the chances of being mugged was quite high..

That’s all I’ve got on the place. :-)
Fuck all then ;-)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.