Something Special about Stockport?

Palmers wasn’t born in Stockport, but I think he was brought up in Gatley.

I think one of the main reasons for the high number of top players is that there are still a large number of kids football teams and amueter teams. A lot of places in say Manchester have lost that.

I also think having areas which are pretty working class (lots of those in Stockport) often helps to produce players like foden or palmer.
Palmer was brought up mainly in Baguley which is just south of Wythenshawe Park.

Nobody from 10cc was from Stockport.

Original band members were from Droylsden (Stewart), Salford (Gouldman) and Prestwich (Creme and Godley).

Other members were from Manchester (Burgess), Oxford (Fenn), Aberdeen (Tosh), Herts. (O’Mailey), Leeds (Mckay), London (Wallis), Prestwich (Emerson), Cambs. (Stevens)…
Thanks for the info.
Perhaps I should have said 10cc produced records in Stockport.

Every respectable piss head has known since lockdown exactly which areas are Greater Manchester and which are Cheshire.

Gatley, Cheadle, Heald Green, Stockport, Sale, Altrincham, Hale. Pubs shut. Greater Manchester. No matter how much some of the residents insist otherwise.

Handforth, Wilmslow - Pubs open. Cheshire.

Every respectable piss head has known since lockdown exactly which areas are Greater Manchester and which are Cheshire.

Gatley, Cheadle, Heald Green, Stockport, Sale, Altrincham, Hale. Pubs shut. Greater Manchester. No matter how much some of the residents insist otherwise.

Handforth, Wilmslow - Pubs open. Cheshire.
To be fair I know a lot of people, who wouldn’t say Stockport is part of greater Manchester. It’s always been Cheshire.

Last edited:
Feel it is a bit gentrified tbh, not sure many Brinnington or Edgeley residents are drinking in The Cracked Actor! I'd disagree with the market being booming, thought it was a terrible idea to charge entry for it, you can walk around every stall in 5 minutes. I think the makers market that tours the local areas is much better (though I think it does now go to Edgeley)

I had heard of Where the Light Comes In, not really my sort of thing but I'll check out the other 2 places you mentioned. The Greek place on Petersgate, Rozafa, is really nice
Is that not just for events? I’ve been in the market hall a few times over the last year , for foodie Friday and in general and I’ve never been charged entry.

Is that not just for events? I’ve been in the market hall a few times over the last year , for foodie Friday and in general and I’ve never been charged entry.

Possibly changed not been that often over the last year. There was a stall selling old City kits outside the Sports Direct which made me laugh.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.