Something Special about Stockport?

Born and raised Stopfordian, moved away on my 17th birthday. Since then lived in Edinburgh for four years, Central Manchester for four years, South London for two years, East London for two years and Essex for three years.

Therefore I think I’m qualified to say Stockport is as good as any of ‘em. And I’d be back there tomorrow if my wife wasn’t keeping me as far south as possible on account of the weather being about two degrees warmer.

It’s not all hat museums and viaducts. The place is an incubator for such great talents as Angela Rayner, Phil Foden, Dominic Howard and me. Surely four of the greatest living English folk. Pressure makes diamonds and dodging fireworks in the local park throughout November definitely gave me the grounding I needed to succeed in life.

Anyone looking to burn a few hours looking at all kinds of antiques including football memorabilia.

images

images

images

Every respectable piss head has known since lockdown exactly which areas are Greater Manchester and which are Cheshire.

Gatley, Cheadle, Heald Green, Stockport, Sale, Altrincham, Hale. Pubs shut. Greater Manchester. No matter how much some of the residents insist otherwise.

Handforth, Wilmslow - Pubs open. Cheshire.
Following your logic the rags play in Manchester!

So do they charge to go in the market hall all the time? I was there last Sunday for a scooter meet and they did charge, thought it was a one off, as you say 5 minutes and you've seen it all, mostly vintage clothing.
All the bars were doing good business, nice to see the area thriving after years of going down the nick.
I grew up in Hazel Grove and now live in Heald Green, always been proud of coming from Stockport, glad to see it on the rise again.

Are we thinking of a different market hall? The main old Victorian market on the square by bakers vaults?

I go in there all the time to get coffee from Sticky Fingers and go to the excellent greengrocers in there. They definitely don’t charge to get in, that would be absolutely insane.

Must be thinking of different places…!?

Every respectable piss head has known since lockdown exactly which areas are Greater Manchester and which are Cheshire.

Gatley, Cheadle, Heald Green, Stockport, Sale, Altrincham, Hale. Pubs shut. Greater Manchester. No matter how much some of the residents insist otherwise.

Handforth, Wilmslow - Pubs open. Cheshire.

I’ve always said, borders like that change depending on whether you’re buying or selling ;)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.