Something to cheer you all up, Buck house facelift

I'm not advocating royalty living there necessarily. I'll go with the flow on the future of our royal family. Can see big pluses and minuses to the institution, so I'm fairly relaxed whether we keep or replace the monarchy.

I'm referring to the building itself; whichever direction the country takes in the future I believe it's a national asset worth preserving, as gauche and tasteless as I actually find it.

I'm not advocating royalty living there necessarily. I'll go with the flow on the future of our royal family. Can see big pluses and minuses to the institution, so I'm fairly relaxed whether we keep or replace the monarchy.

I'm referring to the building itself; whichever direction the country takes in the future I believe it's a national asset worth preserving, as gauche and tasteless as I actually find it.

Not enough red and gold in the palace for you.

@Mike D can we get an apology for your OP for misleading the forum about who is paying? (Her own Crown Estate)

You can argue about whether her inherited right to it is correct in another thread but by law she has it and the taxpayers are paying nothing towards it this work on the Palace.

Her Crown Estate is simply paying 75% tax on profits for ten years as opposed to the usual 85%.

How much tax are you paying?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.