Sometimes I just love, love, love Red Cafe...

FWIW, I expected nothing less! I was on a Liverpool forum before and they were just as quick to get a few digs in at the start, part and parcel of being a rival fan.

I'll win you's over.

Whilst I agree that posters from other clubs should be welcomed to Bluemoon,I have to admit that I find it difficult to embrace our friends from Stretford,no matter how eloquent their argument

Lets face it-it's much easier to be gracious from the position of strength they've occupied for the last 15 years.

No rag can ever truely understand the ride we've been on during the time the've been dominating English football...during that time we've constantly had the piss ripped out of us,been belittled and humiliated in a way that the fans of no other club can ever understand (by definition of not having them as" neighbours") and now we're pretty much "battle hardened" to anything they can throw out.

No wonder when one comes along with a bit of "banter," they are often left being reduced to rubble and heading for the exit door pretty sharpish.

The long-standing arrogance and conceit for the rest of the football world by the self-proclaimed "world's most popular football team" has made it nigh on impossible for them to be viewed with anything but disdain by the majority of fans of other clubs I've ever met.

History makes it much harder to give them a fair hearing.

RBmk2 said:
Whilst I agree that posters from other clubs should be welcomed to Bluemoon,I have to admit that I find it difficult to embrace our friends from Stretford,no matter how eloquent their argument

Lets face it-it's much easier to be gracious from the position of strength they've occupied for the last 15 years.

No rag can ever truely understand the ride we've been on during the time the've been dominating English football...during that time we've constantly had the piss ripped out of us,been belittled and humiliated in a way that the fans of no other club can ever understand (by definition of not having them as" neighbours") and now we're pretty much "battle hardened" to anything they can throw out.

No wonder when one comes along with a bit of "banter," they are often left being reduced to rubble and heading for the exit door pretty sharpish.

The long-standing arrogance and conceit for the rest of the football world by the self-proclaimed "world's most popular football team" has made it nigh on impossible for them to be viewed with anything but disdain by the majority of fans of other clubs I've ever met.

I know what you mean, but to be fair the football world is changing, and pretty much anytime soon, they will be our direct rivals, before they sink into a debt laden pit of despair, and then it will be our turn

Honestly I don't care what team a poster supports as long as when they come on here they are sensible, treat the forum and posters with respect, and refrain from winding everyone up. At the same time, they should be treated with respect too. If they add intelligent conversation and debate then it makes bluemoon a better place, no?

Brwned said:
I'll take it all on board, I should mention it was all just a bit of (not so) gentle banter, my way of introducing myself! Hi, I'm a prick, nice to meet you all.

I'll keep it topical in the main.

Edited for accuracy :-)

Although you didnt need to inform us as we are Blues which also makes us intelligent so we could have deduced it ourselves

ps welcome :-)

Ducado said:
RBmk2 said:

I know what you mean, but to be fair the football world is changing, and pretty much anytime soon, they will be our direct rivals, before they sink into a debt laden pit of despair, and then it will be our turn

Agree with you totally.
They deserve an avalanche of shit for their graceless,relentless nose-rubbing in our darker hours.
I don't expect bouquets from them but at the same time they have excelled themselves for so long in the "twat" stakes that it's going to be hard not to react to their situation getting worse in the same way as they did us.

Maybe we should raise ourselves above it all and "pardon" them?

;-)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.