Sometimes I just love, love, love Red Cafe...

As Damocles has so eloquently put it, we welcome all posters on here, as long as they realise that this is a City forum and they treat it with respect.

Debate is good, that's a large part of being a fan is about, I have plenty of United fans who are good friends of mine and we often debate the pros and cons of football without resorting to silly name calling, some of the debates between our own fans can get quite heated.

It would be good if Red Cafe allowed some City fans to post on their forum as well

Ducado said:
As Damocles has so eloquently put it, we welcome all posters on here, as long as they realise that this is a City forum and they treat it with respect.

Debate is good, that's a large part of being a fan is about, I have plenty of United fans who are good friends of mine and we often debate the pros and cons of football without resorting to silly name calling, some of the debates between our own fans can get quite heated.

It would be good if Red Cafe allowed some City fans to post on their forum as well

Now that I would like to see.

I know it's already been acknowledged but as someone who has spent a fair bit of time over there, Brwned is as good a poster as any on Red Cafe. A couple of his comments on this thread have been totally out of character but I can understand why he lost it a little. I remember when I first signed up to Red Cafe last year - it was in the immediate aftermath of the Tevez poster going up and within hours I'd earned myself a 2 day ban for responding to some of the more nasty comments. I wouldn't mind but I don't think what I said was too bad but as I was new around there it was probably best for me to bite my tongue.

I haven't been banned since but I have lost it a few times with some of the numpty posters admittedly. I guess the reason why I haven't earned a ban for those tirades is that in the main they can see that I try to remain level headed and only really tend to go off on one when provoked.

Just like any forum (including this one) there are a fair few idiots who really don't have a clue what they are talking about and those who by blind loyalty to their belief in their team can not see the wood for the trees.

However their are some sensible posters as well (not as many as here but there you go) and sometimes the general football forum can be a good read, I just wish that all rival forums had the same policy as Bluemoon in welcoming all fans no matter who they support on the proviso that they respect the forum, wouldn't the world be a far better place

I'll take it all on board, I should mention it was all just a bit of (not so) gentle banter, my way of introducing myself! Hi, I'm a argumentative prick, nice to meet you all.

I'll keep it topical in the main.

Ducado said:
Just like any forum (including this one) there are a fair few idiots who really don't have a clue what they are talking about and those who by blind loyalty to their belief in their team can not see the wood for the trees.

However their are some sensible posters as well (not as many as here but there you go) and sometimes the general football forum can be a good read, I just wish that all rival forums had the same policy as Bluemoon in welcoming all fans no matter who they support on the proviso that they respect the forum, wouldn't the world be a far better place

I don't quite know what you're getting at...we have City, Liverpool, Spurs, Leeds and Newcastle fans on redcafe?

Ducado said:

Redcafe does welcome rival fans, there's a number of scouse supporters and one of the mods is a Leeds fan..... my experience of here and Brwned's (by the look of it) has been far from welcoming... I've just chosen to try ignore the comments looking for a response

Buzzers said:
Ducado said:

Redcafe does welcome rival fans, there's a number of scouse supporters and one of the mods is a Leeds fan..... my experience of here and Brwned's (by the look of it) has been far from welcoming... I've just chosen to try ignore the comments looking for a response

If you stick around , people will warm to you, you are just another member and should not have to put up with any abuse from anyone, we have a clear code of conduct, just understand that for years many of us have had to put up with United fans taking the piss and being general pricks, not to mention all the plastics that follow you (we know you get embarrassed by them), so if some posters are not as welcoming as think they should be please understand.

Also remember that the future is Blue, and you lot better get used to it ;-)

Well I for one welcome any fans of other clubs . Although I hate united and their fans with a passion . They should be able to put their point across. I don't agree that they are rivals to us, I don't even agree that we play derbys against them. Derbys are for teams from the same city. Any City fan who critizises united fans from outside Manchester should hang his head. Their bloody ground is outside Manchester. Any United fans who come from Manchester are the true glory hunters.
Ooo I needed that.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.