Soriano comments on ownership, spending power & Haaland

At long, long, last, what took so long????
The thing about the truth is that it doesn't fade with age. My guess is that it suits City to make these comments now. Just because some talk/report nonsense (as Ferran alludes to re; "People construct narratives that are lies") it doesn't mean City have to respond straight away. It looks like City have quietly carried on working away & doing good work ie the Haaland signing, another league title, top 4 in Europe & Fa cup this year. Well done City.

Edit; not to mention Womens team getting champs league, PL2 winners, U18 winners. Up the blues.

The thing about the truth is that it doesn't fade with age. My guess is that it suits City to make these comments now. Just because some talk/report nonsense (as Ferran alludes to re; "People construct narratives that are lies") it doesn't mean City have to respond straight away. It looks like City have quietly carried on working away & doing good work ie the Haaland signing, another league title, top 4 in Europe & Fa cup this year. Well done City.

Edit; not to mention Womens team getting champs league, PL2 winners, U18 winners. Up the blues.
...U17's and U16's champions too.

It's incredible that some so-called journalists are happy to believe that for 14 years scores of auditors from independent firms have willingly signed off false accounts, that many of our sponsors have committed fraud, that all the clubs' senior hierarchy, Pep, Soriano Khaldoon, the whole lot, have all repeatedly lied about our finances, that we have bribed three judges at CAS to make a dishonest decision, that the officals at UEFA (proven to be corrupt already) have been honest in their dealings with City. They are happy to accept this incredible sequence of events, this grand conspiracy involving hundreds of people, rather than the overwhelming evidence which shows City have done nothing wrong. I know we are living in the post-truth age but surely this is all a bit of a stretch.
Erm we only needed to bribe 2 judges at CAS.

Facts mate facts :-)

Great. It wont stop the bollocks though.

What will is if we actually show some of these gimp reporters and their publications up for what they are. And we should do that by having _Peps press conferences with a backdrop of the headlines we get. Show the stark differences like this :

View attachment 44405
View attachment 44406

Or maybe actual spend by club, or even better some of the pedo stuff about City by Harris on the day we won the title.

It would open eyes it really would. People would start looking even if they dont want to believe it.
I wouldnt put these daft headlines anywhere near a Pep press conference. Why give these people the time of day? Anyone can talk rubbish. If Pep/City responded to every piece of poor reporting they wouldnt get any work done. Ignore them is the best policy. Then quietly and effectively go about their work and say what they have to say whenever it suits. I'd prefer to see City let their football do the talking.

But it will galavanise our fans and send a clear message to the haters that you can't fuck with us. Not all fans of other clubs are sheep who believe what the tabloids say. Apart from their own fanbases there is no love lost for LFC and MUFC. We have nothing to lose.
Yeah this is an important point.

This is a great thread. I was feeling lonely in the media thread but ferran has jolted the narrative and it’s a welcome sound.

Well done City. We should not have to apologise to anyone for how well the club is run. The hacks can click off. Fair unbiased reporting not hidden agendas to try and destroy a decent hardworking club.

The fight back is on now we have dominated the league. The club must feel like we are now in a position of strength having endured the cas slagging fiasco.

Our time is only just starting…drink it in, I swear you will never see the likes of it again.

Now, how about that State run club in Newcastle?…human rights and all. Now we are state free and a honest to god republic. Saudi out -:)

I actually think the opposite.

If we were guilty there’s no way we’d be opening up now, the club is too professional for that.

I must admit, this was my first reaction on the timing of the statement.

They know the procession of bullshit, fabricated cases sewn together from bits of emails and half-understood scraps of information are finally over with, and it’s time to bite back - tell the real story as it is from the mouths of those who actually know it, not the torrent of unsubstantiated lies Der Spiegel and their ilk have been pushing out about us over the last few years.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.