Soriano on Summer Transfers

I am the great wanderer of the forums, I have travelled many miles in search of the truth regarding city's transfer targets yet, alas, I am greeted with only speculation, confusion and bare faced lies.

The mind boggles.

Where is the truth. Nowhere to be found.

Will we sign Sagna, nobody knows.
Will we sign Fernando, nobody knows.
Will we sign Mangala, in time maybe, but nobody knows.

One day I shall return in the hope that this once great land is rid of this curse of uncertainty.

Till then, I shall bid you adieu.

God Save the Blues.

BillyShears said:
chris85mcfc said:
I'd be happy with

Sagna
Mangala
Fernando

But i think if Barkley comes up for grabs then we should be in there fighting to get him

I don't think we can read anything into Soriano's quotes. We know where the squad is potentially weak, and we know which players will potentially go.

The three you mention would strengthen us however a key area of our squad would remain weak IMO ... and that's the left hand side. We need a better l/b and an out and out left winger if we want to challenge for the CL.

My take on his quotes are that we have agreed a couple of deals and they are waiting to be announced

I don't think that means we won't look to strengthen before the season starts. Like last season we had Fernandinho and Navas in before the end of June, but Jovetic wasn't done till August.

I'm guessing it will be the same this season. The main areas being strenghtened early doors ie CB and CM and then seeing what happens over the next couple of months

We need to strenghten the left hand side thats for sure, but what with? An out and out left winger or someone like Hazard that comes in from the left with pace? Also LB needs to be looked at but as we stand i don't think there are many better LB's in the league than Kolarov for what he gives us.

The main thing for me this summer is making decisions on Dzeko, Nasri and Kolarov. Looking to the future id tie Nasri up today on a 3 year contract, but there are still question marks over long term deals for the other two. Both had great seasons, but sentiments aside, are they what we want long term?

Plenty of things for Pelle and Txiki to mull over in the next few weeks

Gabriel said:
adrianr said:
Gabriel said:
He had 31 games this season, 30 last,and 39 in his first year, and that was the year when we basically had him and Dzeko on which to rely. With four quality strikers to choose from, then, I don't honestly expect Aguero to play significantly more games. It may just be that he plays in more significant games.

He strikes me as the sort of player who will want to play every game possible if he's fit. He should be in the Messi/Ronaldo category of goal scoring and they play damn near all the time as a result.

I agree and think we have other players who are the same. However, we potentially face more games than Barcelona and Real Madrid, because of the League Cup, and with four capable strikers from which to choose, I imagine Pellegrini will not want to over use Aguero.

My main point about Aguero was he missed key games through injury he would have deffo featured in otherwise - I certainly don't expect to him to play key roles in the early rounds of Capital and FA Cup for example - But if he's fit and an option to start for most PL games, especially the big ones vs Chelsea, Liverpool etc then I fully expect us to accumulate more points than last season......

rsemp mcfc said:
I am the great wanderer of the forums, I have travelled many miles in search of the truth regarding city's transfer targets yet, alas, I am greeted with only speculation, confusion and bare faced lies.

The mind boggles.

Where is the truth. Nowhere to be found.

Will we sign Sagna, nobody knows.
Will we sign Fernando, nobody knows.
Will we sign Mangala, in time maybe, but nobody knows.

One day I shall return in the hope that this once great land is rid of this curse of uncertainty.

Till then, I shall bid you adieu.

God Save the Blues.

11 posts since 2008, this is quite the event.

I don't think Soriano has said anything that we didn't already know, last year showed us we like to get our main work done early.

We mustn't forget Rekik either who is currently in the 30 man Dutch squad for the W/C and has been a regular for PSV this season. I think we should go after him in the summer.

Sagna gives us good quality cover on BOTH FB positions, allowing Kolarov to be a more forward left sided player. Wouldn't waste any real money on a left winger.

CBs will be Kompany, Nastasic, Rekik and A.N. Other, plus DeMichelis IF he doesn't head back to Argie to finish his career. Rekik also provides more LB cover and is a "home grown" full international player in the Netherlands 30-man pre-WC squad. With the way we play (high FBs and a deep CM, for a 3 man back line as we move forward), I think we have FOUR players there who can play on the ground even before we buy anyone!

Midfield possibly needs another "big, strong lad" in it, so Yaya can get some regular rest. However, I would hold out for the right player. I think we are looking at 2015/16, when Yaya might be getting a little long in the tooth for our up-tempo attacking formation.

Forward line? Leave it alone and get the players playing together as much as possible, as we have not had anything like a stable strike force for the entire season, yet they still scored more goals than most teams in the season!

MCFCinUSA said:
chris85mcfc said:
I'd be happy with

Sagna
Mangala
Fernando

But i think if Barkley comes up for grabs then we should be in there fighting to get him

don't you think we'd have more chance of getting Fabregas?

I think both are 'gettable', not that we would sign both tho

Much rather have Barkley tho, im not one of the 'i wanna see English players in the team' brigade, but i do want to see quality English players in our team and he is certainly one of them, and there aren't many about

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.