South Africa

Danish Blue said:
Id love to have a look up there, I have been meaning to for some time. Just dont think its going to be now unfortunately. Read a book a while back about South African history and some of the more colourful people including Konrad Van Buys, he sounded like a right character. I believe Buysdorp isnt far from Polokwane?

Get your arse up stop being soft,how often can you see city in S.A??

Danish Blue said:
Id love to have a look up there, I have been meaning to for some time. Just dont think its going to be now unfortunately. Read a book a while back about South African history and some of the more colourful people including Konrad Van Buys, he sounded like a right character. I believe Buysdorp isnt far from Polokwane?

Its the dogs up here mate honeslty it really is

Got mile after mile of unspoilt bush, the Tip of the Drakensburg, Kruger on my doorstep.

The area is full of history as well like you have said, with a lot of old colonial sites.

Do it one day you wont be dissapointed.

I came for a three week holiday and only went back home to sell the house and tell my old boss to Fook off lol

blueinsa said:
Danish Blue said:

Got mile after mile of unspoilt bush, the Tip of the Drakensburg, Kruger on my doorstep.

The area is full of history as well like you have said, with a lot of old colonial sites.

I came for a three week holiday and only went back home to sell the house and tell my old boss to Fook off lol

You shouldnt be tellin us how long it took to settle with your missus,people might get wrong idea ;)

big thanks to City for the attention given for our change from Cape town to Polikwane thanks for the call it was greatly appreciated at least some club do have the attention to the fans well done City!

blueinsa said:
Danish Blue said:

Got family in Capetown and Tzaneen and spent a few weeks over there about 5 years ago. 3 days driving around Kruger was the best experience of my life. If I didn't have kids I'd probably have stayed out there and tried to become a ranger. Desperate to go again and checked out flights for the four of us for this trip but they were just too expensive at the moment.

Blue2112 said:
blueinsa said:
Danish Blue said:

Got family in Capetown and Tzaneen and spent a few weeks over there about 5 years ago. 3 days driving around Kruger was the best experience of my life. If I didn't have kids I'd probably have stayed out there and tried to become a ranger. Desperate to go again and checked out flights for the four of us for this trip but they were just too expensive at the moment.

Hiya mate, i was lucky, i got to meet my wife here and i got to stay and work here!

As much as i hated leaving because it meant no more home and away watching the boys it was the best decision i have ever made!

If you make it out mate let me know and i will shout you a few beers!

blueinsa said:
Blue2112 said:
blueinsa said:
Danish Blue said:

Hiya mate, i was lucky, i got to meet my wife here and i got to stay and work here!

As much as i hated leaving because it meant no more home and away watching the boys it was the best decision i have ever made!

If you make it out mate let me know and i will shout you a few beers!

I'm truly envious of you, they do say Africa gets in your blood and it certainly got into mine. I had my wallet stolen in Capetown on Christmas Eve but apart from a few hours hassle it never stopped me loving the place one bit. My wifes cousin and her husband have a Bananna plantation in Tzaneen and Anne and Alan have built accomadation and a school on site for all their employees. I doubt i'll make this trip but its definetly on my list to do in the next two years.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.