South Africa

oh well have a good time, it looks like the game is at the old peter stadium, the new one facing it is still being built for the world cup....i just dont fancy jo burg...have a good time lads

pissedagain said:
oh well have a good time, it looks like the game is at the old peter stadium, the new one facing it is still being built for the world cup....i just dont fancy jo burg...have a good time lads

You wont need to go to Joburg mate the final is in Pretoria.

Its a real good day and night out round Loftus Varsfield mate as it is situated right next to the university.

Trust me its well worth a visit!

thanks all the same but i just wanted to go to cape town, i was only going to take in the one game

I will be sorted soon thanks to the club for any reimbursement and thanks to blueinsa for putting me wise to where this place is in SA Ticket for Scalke you up for a good booze up in polokwane with danham and the rest....lets go for it..

if anyone has a few spare days and some extra cash, Sun City is well worth a visit, and is right next to the Pilaneserg Game Reserve which has the big 5, about 2 hours drive from Johannesburg. But if you really keen on the game viewing, i think the Kruger Park is better, ive seen far more there.

rayprodigy said:
if anyone has a few spare days and some extra cash, Sun City is well worth a visit, and is right next to the Pilaneserg Game Reserve which has the big 5, about 2 hours drive from Johannesburg. But if you really keen on the game viewing, i think the Kruger Park is better, ive seen far more there.

The game reserve in Sun City is an imported man-made affair. OK if you are in Sun City and have no time for the Kruger but otherwise don't bother. Personally I wouldn't bother with Sun City at all unless you are into gambling and golf.

Durban is the pick of that bunch for me and be sure to check out Thirsty's bar on the waterfront.

Pretoria is OK but I'd be a little wary of the Polokwane game if not on an organised trip. Best make sure you are armed with local knowledge in terms of places/areas to avoid anywhere in South Africa, but particularly for that match.

Balti said:
rayprodigy said:

The game reserve in Sun City is an imported man-made affair. OK if you are in Sun City and have no time for the Kruger but otherwise don't bother. Personally I wouldn't bother with Sun City at all unless you are into gambling and golf.

Durban is the pick of that bunch for me and be sure to check out Thirsty's bar on the waterfront.

Pretoria is OK but I'd be a little wary of the Polokwane game if not on an organised trip. Best make sure you are armed with local knowledge in terms of places/areas to avoid anywhere in South Africa, but particularly for that match.

I live in Tzaneen about an hour from Polokwane.

Simple advice to everyone is just be sensible and keep your wits about you at all time and you will be fine!

If you walk down the street counting you wad of cash your asking for trouble but lets be fair, the same would apply to lots of places back home as well!

SA is a great place thats why i live here now and trust me boys i can gaureentee a lot of you will not want to go back home!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.