Southampton (A) - Carabao Cup | Post Match Thread

No , Phillips does it all on his own. Sorry to say we are worse this year than last.Phillips adds nothing and Jack has not kicked on as he should have and as for Gomez, hope he has his bike outside
So slow now as a team it’s dreadful, selling Zinchenko was a mistake and Grealish is dire and not a City player.

I'm genuinely disappointed about this result.
Feel sorry for the fans who've gone all the way down to Southampton to witness a performance like that. Beaten Chelsea and the dippers to basically go down there disinterested and throw it away. Almost gifting the rags a bit of silverware in the process.
As for the murmurings of whether we are better without Haaland in the team I think they were shot down in flames on that first half display. Alvarez himself only touched it once in that 45.
Secondly as much as I like Ake he simply isn't a left back. Can do a job there but doesn't think offensively at all. Constantly holds on to it too long, inevitably passes it back to the centre half and then puts his hands on his head at another missed opportunity to break. Struggles to know when he should be running forward when others are in possession etc. BUY A LEFT BACK FFS!!!
Need to be a lot better against the shower of shit.
Ake is however currently our best option at left back and on today's showing one of the few players to come out with any credit.

Pep and this team this season are starting to confuse me. I don’t know if we’ve regressed, just going through a bad bit of form or in transition.

Pep isn’t helping by changing the team constantly. I don’t mean changing personnel, it’s playing the lads out of position. I know you can’t play the same team every game, it just doesn’t look like the players know what they’re doing. Walker is right back one game, centre back the next. Cancelo RW, then RB, then LB. Bernardo plays everywhere. Foden is so out of form due to being moved about, or when in form he suddenly gets dropped.

With De Bruyne and Haaland on the pitch, the game plan is to get Kev on the right wing with space to cross it into Haaland. We were much more fluent against Chelsea, but then again they’re woeful so I wouldn’t pay any attention to those two games.

I think Saturdays game against them will give us the biggest indicator where we are at.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.