Southampton (A) - Carabao Cup | Post Match Thread

That first half was a disgrace, could have taken 5 or 6 off at half time, and I think he got some of those wrong. We improved with the changes, but still far from good enough overall.
To be fair, could have taken 11 or 12 off in the first half. In reality, the damage was done in the first half, we played slightly better in the second. Really can't take anything away from Southampton because they deserved every bit and I can't believe they are rock bottom of the table after that performance. Complacency was a big thing here from Pep to every player on the field. It's a shame because I have always enjoyed the semis of the league cup but the focus needs to be on the remaining three now. Also, hopefully we see no more stupid reserve deployments in Gomez, Ortega and Palmer; Phillips seems to be suffering from first season syndrome at City and needs to go back to the training ground for 6 months, Foden, Gundogan and Cancelo have a lot of answering to do.

Rant over! Onto Saturday lunch time :D

all the talk of wanting to win all comps by pep was bullshit ? we totally did not want to play tonight
I feel so sorry for the thousands of fans doing the trip tonight, money is tight, and they made a commitment to travel and pay for tickets and food time off work,

the club should be ashamed and loyal fans given their money back plus travel cost

That was fucking disgraceful. Right from the 1st minute we were sloppy and ponderous and it continued throughout the game. Too slow getting forward, strolling about comes across as half arsed. Passing from the forwards back to midfield, who are slow & sloppy, then either pass back to the defenders (if they haven’t lost possession). We did the hard yards beating Chelsea and Liverpool, but then to turn in this shit is unforgivable. We need to stop fucking about, trying to be too clever and just do the right things at the right time.
Ortega… Poor on both goals 4/10
Walker… passing sloppy 5/10
Cancelo… worst on the pitch. 0/10
Laporte…. Steady 7/10
Gomez… Absolutely piss poor in everything tonight. 2/10
Phillips…. Poor, too slow and ponderous on the ball 4/10
Gundogan… shockingly poor 3/10
Foden…. Poor, ball like a hot potato. Shocking. 4/10
Grealish… average, no more. 6/10
Alvarez… Poor and largely anonymous, though starved. 4/10
Palmer… Nervous, negative, leggy, did everything wrong tonight 2/10
Pep Guardiola… ridiculous selection and formation 3/10
A bit unfair on Cancelo at least he put his shirt on the right way.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.