Southampton (A) - Carabao Cup | Post Match Thread

I think we struggle when teams have a go at us and Southampton had a go and weren't afraid. We get an easy ride when teams sit back, we almost always get a win.
Regarding tonight's game it was a shocking team selection by Pep, absolutely no urgency shown by the players, sideways and backwards all game.
Still think we'll do the rags, come on City.
TBF we've seen a lot of that now that we don't play with width.

Last edited:
Cancelo gave the ball away 3 times in the first 90seconds,watch again if you don’t believe me. He was absolutely garbage tonight,utter shit
His first touch of the game when he tried to control it and it bounced 10 yards straight to a Southampton player set the tone. He lost it again twice in the next 90 seconds and that was as good as it got.

Hasn’t been a lot better on the left this season. His passing has gone to shit no matter what side he’s on. His first touch is like playing it off a wall. His concentration is awful.
He flatters to deceive for me. Can’t be trusted in big games either.

Let’s be honest, this season we have been dire to watch far more often than we’ve been good to watch. There are some big issues in the squad. If we stay in the title race then it’s because Arsenal will have managed to implode somehow. We’re not good enough.

We were awful, plenty has been and will be said about the poor performances, but that kit clash couldn’t have helped.

Peripheral vision basically useless. At times it genuinely looked like players were struggling to quickly determine which were teammates and which were opposition. Happened even with the players coming on in the second half.

I’d include whoever approved wearing the third kit in the match ratings with a -1/10.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.