Southampton (A) - FA Cup QF | Pre-Match Thread

Match Result Prediction

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Disappointing result yesterday, I thought it would be difficult yesterday and on paper it isn't a shocking point. Missing all those chances means I cant be happy with it. It could be a very important point come the end of the season though.

I think he should rest a few players who have played a hell of a lot this season, I would go with..

Steffen
Walker
Stones
Ake
Zinchenko

Fernandinho
Gundogan
Kdb

Sterling
Grealish
Jesus

Tbh, the Grealish position could be any of the 3 who played yesterday.

Quite agree. Southampton are like a number of clubs who see matches against City as their Cup Final, and pull out all the stops to try and get a result (ie, not beaten). A pity they don't/won't try this against other sides at the top, as they may even be in with a chance of winning something themselves if they put in that same level of performance.
Whilst the performance on the day may be impressive to the manager, he/she/it/them/not sure must be tearing their hair out at their inconsistency.
Whilst not exactly a cup final, win this and they go to Wembley (which they don't get that often) so they will definitely be motivated. And yes, that doesn't excuse their lack of endeavour for the rest of the season

Last edited:
Don't fancy this one bit after last night's performance.

We'll obviously win the possession stats, but unless someone decides to shoot rather than fanny around every time we're in their area, I can see us losing to one or two breakaway goals.

I'm going for 0-0 after extra time and losing 21-20 on penalties.

Don't fancy this one bit after last night's performance.

We'll obviously win the possession stats, but unless someone decides to shoot rather than fanny around every time we're in their area, I can see us losing to one or two breakaway goals.

I'm going for 0-0 after extra time and losing 21-20 on penalties.
The only thing about this that would surprise me is us scoring 20 penalties.

Quite agree. Southampton are like a number of clubs who see matches against City as their Cup Final, and pull out all the stops to try and get a result (ie, not beaten). A pity they don't/won't try this against other sides at the top, as they may even be in with a chance of winning something themselves if they put in that same level of performance.
Whilst the performance on the day may be impressive to the manager, he/she/it/them/not sure must be tearing their hair out at their inconsistency.
I’m a Southampton fan and I come in peace. In response to you - We do give other sides at the top a good game and ‘try’ against them. This season so far we’ve taken 4 points of Tottenham (1 1 draw at home and 3 2 win at their ground) and we’ve taken 2 points of United (both 1 1 all draws, which we should have won) and we’ve taken 4 points of West Ham (I get they aren’t a ‘big team’ but they’re in this years top six so far) and then obviously yourselves whom we’ve taken 2 pts from. Baring in mind we’ve still gotta play Chelsea, arsenal and Liverpool at home - so we could take a few off them games too. However, I still think this Sundays game will be the hardest yet againsts you guys, given that you’ve just drew to crystal place and will be looking to bounce back. I also think that on our current form, you’ll probably steamroll us. Last month at st Mary’s we got lucky to get a draw against yous as we were on a good run of wins and draws. Saying that - I’m still a hopeful saint so… 2 - 1 SOUTHAMPTON

i dont get this the way we played last night stuff.we actually played well but just missed numerous chances.had a couple gone in most people would be saying how great we were

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.