Southampton (A) - FA Cup QF | Pre-Match Thread

Match Result Prediction

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
It goes without saying that we're one of the biggest tickets in town, so of course, teams raise their game in the hope of gaining kudos for beating the best. We need to start turning 15-20 shots on goal, and 70% possession into a shitload more goals.

It goes without saying that we're one of the biggest tickets in town, so of course, teams raise their game in the hope of gaining kudos for beating the best. We need to start turning 15-20 shots on goal, and 70% possession into a shitload more goals.

You're right, of course, but I'd just like to point out that we have done exactly that, several times this season. Otherwise we wouldn't have scored substantially more goals (68) than anyone else in the league, with the single exception of the dippers.
Last night was very, very unfortunate. We created at least three gilt-edged chances. The players who missed them know it better than anyone, and they'll be hurting. Expect anger against Southampton.

Sorry, all off thread: the more I think about it, the more I realise how incredibly pissed off I'd have been if we had actually lost last night (which might astoundingly have happened in the last five minutes). Three points was what we expected. That one point may turn out to be very, very precious.

Quite agree. Southampton are like a number of clubs who see matches against City as their Cup Final, and pull out all the stops to try and get a result (ie, not beaten). A pity they don't/won't try this against other sides at the top, as they may even be in with a chance of winning something themselves if they put in that same level of performance.
Whilst the performance on the day may be impressive to the manager, he/she/it/them/not sure must be tearing their hair out at their inconsistency.
Why don't these teams do it against the dippers, I don't get it

I’m a Southampton fan and I come in peace. In response to you - We do give other sides at the top a good game and ‘try’ against them. This season so far we’ve taken 4 points of Tottenham (1 1 draw at home and 3 2 win at their ground) and we’ve taken 2 points of United (both 1 1 all draws, which we should have won) and we’ve taken 4 points of West Ham (I get they aren’t a ‘big team’ but they’re in this years top six so far) and then obviously yourselves whom we’ve taken 2 pts from. Baring in mind we’ve still gotta play Chelsea, arsenal and Liverpool at home - so we could take a few off them games too. However, I still think this Sundays game will be the hardest yet againsts you guys, given that you’ve just drew to crystal place and will be looking to bounce back. I also think that on our current form, you’ll probably steamroll us. Last month at st Mary’s we got lucky to get a draw against yous as we were on a good run of wins and draws. Saying that - I’m still a hopeful saint so… 2 - 1 SOUTHAMPTON
You have done a lot better than us against Spurs, we would love those 4 points you got. At your best you are a very good team.

Been working on this one for a while, stuck in the archives since he joined. Think, especially on his current form, Kyle Walker deserves a chant. Even if it is only one for away days, will do my best to get it going. Burnley might be a good spot. To the tune of Obla Di Obla Dah - Yes... its a scouser tune, but sure the blue boys can look past that after a few pints.

Josep went to Tottenham to go find some space,
Got them running to Etihad,
Josep said to Poch 'boy I like his pace'
Ohh his name is Kyle Walker he's our man.

Obla Di, Obla Dah, Kyle Walker
Cutting socks in Manchester,
Obla Di, Obla Dah, here comes Walker
Snapping some more rags again.

Cheers lads.

Hello! Hello! We are the Citeh boys.

After the backs to the wall, skin of your teeth, last legs, red card avoiding effort last time. Southampton haven't been beaten 9 - 0 by anyone yet this season yet. Im hoping this weekend is it. No doubt it will be the back 4 with 5 in front with the cf playing in his own penalty box as space denier.
They've scabbed 2 results against us with the usual 1 shot on target anti-football, fake injuries, smash it forward long and chase it, time wasting bollocks we've had to put with all fucking year.
NOBODY wants a game of football against us and as long as the above anti-football shit gets results against us (See Palace) the shitstains will continue to do it. They all play like none-league sides against us with far better players. I'd take it as some form of compliment if wasn't so fucking awful to watch as a spectacle. Like waiting in the dentists to have all your teeth pulled out.
Can't wait for the Wolves - Burnley - Leeds games - should be crackers - NOT!

We might score a decent amount of goals, but equally there are times when we struggle to score. A well-drilled but average team has a good chance of keeping us at bay, especially when combined with a "we'll take a draw against this lot" mentality.

Personally I am convinced that we need a world class striker, or Harry Kane.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.