Southampton (A) - Post Match Thread

I can understand the ref not giving it when he probably thought was that inside the box, was it a foul. All I saw in real-time was KDB getting sandwiched. It was a tough call. I think video showed a foul on the line but the VAR probably thought it was not enough to overrule the ref.

I hate these VAR grey areas. These are where the Man Utd and Liverpools get the calls and for the rest of football it''s a lottery. I would rather they get rid of VAR and put all the trust in the on field ref. I think if he had to make the call on his own, he might have given the pen because he would have been forced to make the absolute and final decision in the moment. VAR is an excuse not to make decisions.

And rags and dippers not having screens in the ground seems pretty reasonable considering everybody else has to have them.

It's easy to be cynical .

We lost our rhythm after the VAR stoppages, after that Southampton managed to disrupt the game and time waste blatantly with no action taken by the officials.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.