Southampton (A) | Post Match Thread

Thank god our matchday support bears zero resemblance to the posters in the BM matchday thread.

Today was absurd. The vitriol against our own team is disgusting. Every fucking match. They seem to hate City and then piss off when we start winning making their former comments look even more ridiculous.

Im no happy clapper but to have that level of negativity against City and I’m not having none of them are blues….they obviously are.

I know it’s said every match but what drives City fans to hate the team that much? Do we need “support” like that on here?

As you can tell I’m totally pissed off with it. Not sure what the answer is but it’s not sorting anything to say just don’t go in there.

Total contrast to the actual away support which,as usual,was a credit to City.

I’ve completely stopped going in the match day thread. It’s become that toxic and negative. As you say the same posters are no where to be seen when we are winning

They came on straight after the penalty didn't they? So when we were 2-1 up against a tiring team that had to chase the game. Both scored good goals and did well enough but I suspect it was the penalty that changed the game rather than their introduction.
I thought they had a great chance to equalise at 2-1? Regardless we had nothing up top until Foden came on

Nice to be back by 8pm lol

Good start lost it a it after 20 minutes it seemed we couldnt pass to anyone unless they were wearing red and white !

Second half much better great goal by phil.

Worst burger I have ever eaten, not a nice looking ground from the outside ;)

Last edited:
Wasn't there another game just before or after the Swindon game that also had just over 8000 attending?
Didn't go to either of them as I was only 4 in January 1965.
Boro, after. I missed that one, having caught a cold on the sparsely-populated Kippax at the Swindon game (though I assume as usual I sat on the wing of the tunnel, though for sitting on a crush barrier I'd have had litte competition).

Still nowhere near our best and the fact we needed Phil and Mahrez to rescue us is a concern with so many big games coming within a short period of time.

We will need all the players to contribute and hit form pretty quickly. I think Pep will need to take a chance in the semi and prioritise the league and Cl.

4 goals, away win against a solid prem team and into the semi final of the cup!! Few nervy moments but that’s Southampton’s biggest game of the season so it was never going to be an easy game. What a difference a few subs can make ey Pep……

What's with the 'score flattered us'?

I am perplexed that anyone can come to the conclusion that a team was lucky to score 4 and concede just 1.

The quality of finishing and defending is nothing to do with (bad) luck.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.