Southampton (A) | Post Match Thread

It’s all relative. The way City played today would absolutely beat Liverpool based on them v Forest earlier. What does that mean? Absolutely nothing but let’s keep a sensible head on and cut out the theatrics. That was a more than competent good display today. And I’ve no idea who Atleti played but I know they looked average midweek.
Worst 4-1 win ever?

Very harsh on southampton in my opinion, they were better than us for almost half the game. Deserved to go through but the scoreline flattered us. Performance was largely the same as it has been for the majority of the past 2 months, too sloppy, too lethargic, too rigid and above all, too slow. We were very good last 20 after the game was safe and a decent first 20.

Relying too heavily on individual moments from a few in form players when we're set up for it to be about the team. Getting through was all that mattered today, we did what was required so the rest can be quickly forgotten but we seriously need to find another level after the international break, Liverpool will beat us with us at that level, atleti will too.

What? You think we were good?

By asking if that's the worst 4-1 ever I'm saying have we ever come out with such a convincing scoreline that doesn't match the performance.
We were better against palace midweek than we were today, we were better in the 1-1 draw against them in the league at Saint Mary's than we was today. One of our poorest performances of the season on the whole yet one of our better results. Some poor mistakes from them and some moments of pure class primarily from our subs put a shine on that. Not complaining, give me another 16 of those please, result was all that mattered but in my opinion Pep won't be pleased with that performance despite the inevitable interviews saying the usual about us being so so good.

What? You think we were good?

By asking if that's the worst 4-1 ever I'm saying have we ever come out with such a convincing scoreline that doesn't match the performance.
We were better against palace midweek than we were today, we were better in the 1-1 draw against them in the league at Saint Mary's than we was today. One of our poorest performances of the season on the whole yet one of our better results. Some poor mistakes from them and some moments of pure class primarily from our subs put a shine on that. Not complaining, give me another 16 of those please, result was all that mattered but in my opinion Pep won't be pleased with that performance despite the inevitable interviews saying the usual about us being so so good.
Sorry mate, I just can’t get negative about a 4-1 away win at this stage in the FA cup against a team that have taken points from us twice this season. They played a very intense first half and (surprisingly) Pep made two really great substitutions that payed off, must say the City fans sounded great on the TV

Very satisfying to beat them. I don't bear no grudges against any team that's mid table and gets joy from beating us but... after 2 draws. Their managers fucking celebrations whenever they score. Their fans. The commentary. The booing of Grealish showing how petty they are. Booing as they think we're time wasting as though they're in control. Them fucking boom. 4 fucking 1. Fuck off.

Sorry mate, I just can’t get negative about a 4-1 away win at this stage in the FA cup against a team that have taken points from us twice this season. They played a very intense first half and (surprisingly) Pep made two really great substitutions that payed off, must say the City fans sounded great on the TV
I don't categorise it as being negative, just an honest assessment of our performance. I'm ecstatic with the result and look forward to our annual Wembley trip but it doesn't mean we can't say we were largely poor and the scoreline flattered us.

I have no doubt they were City fans mate but the vitriol was horrific. They are entitled to their jaundiced views but when they shout it that loud it would have been wrong not to say something. Gobshites
Playing away from home the team do not need morons such as those you refer to. Of course everyone is allowed an opinion but why not keep the volume down so only your mates can hear. You have been polite with your description of them by the way.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.