Southampton (A) | Pre-Match Thread

Result Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Don’t play Rodri.
The defensive aspect of our game is very good. The problem lies in feeding the forwards.

We won the league without KDB, we can do it again because our defence is that good. We don't need to be able to score 100 goals. We have the players in the squad to beat most sides without KDB and we have to take him out and use Foden, Bernardo and Mahrez to play that creative role. I'd put Bernardo and Foden together and press sides. They are outstanding at that and make us very very difficult to play against, and when they are on the ball in advanced positions they carry a big threat too.

Start with Southampton away.

------------Ederson
Walker--Stones--Dias--Cancelo
------------Rodri
-----Bernardo----Foden
----Mahrez--Jesus--Sterling

Or Gundog in midfield and Bernardo on the right.

One of the best teams to watch right now. Not looking forward to it one bit.
At least they will probably come out and have a go, which might suit us. Feel like we'd fare better in an open game rather than trying to break down a packed defence again.

Southampton have impressed me this season. Can see this one going either way unfortunately. If we’d won the past couple of games and got a run going I might have been more confident going into this one.

I’m predicting a win because we’ve got a much better squad than Southampton and we seriously need to get back to winning ways.
On paper, we should stuff ‘em.

However, I do have concerns.

This is the biggest game of Pep's tenure imo. We are about to find out how much the players want him to still be there and how much he can get out of them. We have to have a response from last night.

This is the biggest game of Pep's tenure imo. We are about to find out how much the players want him to still be there and how much he can get out of them. We have to have a response from last night.
It's not complacency.

Look this is really obvious. There is a long established trend this season. We dominate possession as we always have but can't create chances.

Look at the key creative players and there you will find your answer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.