Southampton (A) | Pre-Match Thread

Result Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I know it’s not really Guardiola’s way, but would be nice to see us try something different in terms of formation, as doing the same thing week after week with little success is driving me mad. Think we should play two up front to try and address the lack of goals. Maybe a 3-4-1-2?

Ederson

Stones
Dias
Laporte

Walker
Fernandinho
Gundogan
Bernardo

De Bruyne

Jesus
Aguero

Ederson

Walker
Dias
Stones/Laporte
Zinchenko

Gundogan
Foden
De Bruyne

Mahrez
Aguero
Bernardo

go for the fucking jugular.

press high up the pitch with purpose

have the widemen actually running at the fullbacks

have our striker showing the desire to get on the end of crosses.

Saints winning against Arsenal 0-1 at half time ... they'll be well and truly up for it on Saturday!

I am extremely sorry but I know that everyone is entitled to their opinion and I respect that. However I can’t accept that so many people are saying that our team, the Best team in the Land, in all the World are going to lose! No, no, no, no, NO!!
I never post a prediction because I don’t want to jinx them but I always say, in my head, that we will win.

THE BOYS IN BLUE NEVER GIVE IN, THEY FIGHT TO THE END! The fans in Blue are behind them surely? And they are saying the Boys in Blue never give in and neither will we!!!! Please have faith in our boys. Please. JMHO Sorry.

Stay safe, take care everyone. :-)

Reactions: MAG
Watching the Arsenal v Southampton game.
Southampton are full of energy play high press like Liverpool. In fact all the normal mid table teams seem to have more energy than we do. We do have to remember we played many games with no striker and we had rhe shortest pre season of any team.

I think we invite that style of play due to our slow,overly complicated,build ups.If we were that bit quicker and more direct,then the opposition would not be able to regroup and get behind the ball on every occasion we are in posession,and that would leave far more gaps and opportunities for us to exploit.

Exactly! If we can all see it, and Pep can also see it, why doesn't he change things?

Perfect game for us IMO,the opportunity to show everyone we aren't a spent force.

This game will tell us plenty.

I think we will learn a lot about the defence from this game if Southampton play like they have done so far this season instead of parking the bus like they did in June.

Southampton have a good striker, some inventive passers of the ball, supporting forwards in good form, it will be a good test for (presumably) Dias, Walker and Stones.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.