Southampton post match thread

Pellegrini says playing players who hadn't played much football -referring to likes of Delph, Nasri, and Sterling was a risk, but one we had to take. All the abuse and hyperbole aside he is right. I am happy he chose that team-we now give ourselves the best possible chance on Wednesday. Lets worry about Arse on Sunday.
Absolutely agree with that.

Writing on the wall within 2 mins uninterested shit from the team.

To be fair Pelli only picked what he could with the semi looming, partly as he's never used any youth players and is either to stubborn or instructed to play out second string.

The second string has never been good enough over the 'glory' years, when the first choice play wank Yaya, KDB, Silva or Kun normally get us out of the shit.

Kolarov should have been turfed a couple of years ago, his last game should have been the end of season lap of honour (haha) when he offered the SS out.

Wasn't just him today but his speed getting back for their second was a disgrace.

The arse game after a tough semi is a biggy now.

Only positive was Nacho. He's going to be a star.

Not just about injuries is it or did you not watch Aguero against Real looking bolloxed? Resting him and KDB had to be done along with the others.

No it didn't. Aguero possibly, but Clichy, Saga, KDB? Nonsense. He could have played them, but as I said weeks ago, he doesn't care where we finish, so why risk it. Europa League? Who cares.

Pellegrine picks the team sets them up still up to the players to put a fucking shift in!! Saying all that the system Pellegrini sets up when under strength is the major problem and has been all this season and the majority of last season he's a stubborn fraud of a manager.

now I'm usually the biggest pessimist and yes it was garbage but we all knew it would be, as he would prioritise the chumps league. to be fair as bad as today has been we are technically only a point worse off than before the game. He obviously believes we can win our remaining games which will leave us in 3rd!

Then he is fucking dreaming! Say,just say we get to the final.....what does he do then?? He has two games he has to win and players now fearing an injury.We have seen the back up squad isn't good enough so what does he do?? What if one or two of them get injured on Wednesday and we lose?We are then deflated and go into two must win matches without a couple of our top men.What a fucking messwe should have had this top four spot sewn up before now but of course we haven't and are paying the price!

Look lets all get this once and for all. To have a chance against RM we HAVE to have our STRONGEST possible team which includes the need to rest our KEY players and protect them from the real risk of injury just a few days before THE biggest game in the history of MCFC. IMHO Pelle did the right thing. Firstly the team he put out could have done better but more importantly we have 2 matches left so our destiny is still in our own hands for top 4 and we will be playing our strongest team in both games subj to injuries. I therefore see no reason why we cannot win both games. I doubt very much anyway that Utd will take 9 pts from their remaining games.

No it didn't. Aguero possibly, but Clichy, Saga, KDB? Nonsense. He could have played them, but as I said weeks ago, he doesn't care where we finish, so why risk it. Europa League? Who cares.
KDB plays better fresh. Clichy had an incredible first leg. It was abundantly clear today though that certain players are shot-but the risk was worth it-I thought that before, can hardly change my mind with hindsight.

Based on our record against the top 8 teams this season it's fair to presume we won't beat Arsenal and Swansea have won 4 on the bounce at home. Why you so positive? We could quite easily lose both so top 4 is definitely in the balance.

He wasn't so positive before he got a mod position, guess it is in their TOS :D

A team that needs to forfeit domestic games in order to give themselves a 'chance' (let alone progress) in the CL really doesn't deserve to be European Champions. For me, a proper European Champion dominates their own league AND Europe, not one or the other.

Again though mate.

We've seen this kind of performance from our better players this season!

The problem, from what I've seen this season, isn't the players. It's the manager.

You can coach a team of shit players to get results, just look at Leicester!

I don't usually bother replying to your mainly tiresome posts but that last line of your is ridiculous. They are obviously far from shit considering that they are about to win the premier league.
Leicester may well be shit next season, but that will be because they have been stripped of these "shit" players by richer clubs.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.