Southampton post match thread

Disservice in the sense that I am questioning his professionalism and his committment to the City job?

If he wins vs Madrid, he will be taking City along with him to the next level as well.
As for Top 4, it is still in our hands with that Arsenal home game.

Well yes, maybe I should have said that the article is doing him a disservice.

As for a next level, I don't buy that. We wont be anywhere near a next level in terms of on-field performance just by getting to the final of the CL. We aren't even at the level we were three years ago.

Why do you continue to post such utter drivel?

Allegedly you are a Blue..... so I ask,why you would base anything on a team that had eight players missing from our best line up? and the same eight that will probably play in our remaining games?

Because we've seen it before. The exact same abject performance from our better players!

We saw it at Spurs away, Liverpool away, Stoke away. . .

To those arguing that it's about preparing for CL, and then we'll beat Arsenal at the weekend...

In my book, it's better to get the points in the bag FIRST, then deal with the next fixture. It's better going into a game on a high than a low.
We seem to be resting before bagging the points, then wondering why we're under pressure to finish in the top 4. I'd far rather we were in a comfortable position playing Arsenal than knowing we HAVE to win to keep are asses in the top 4.

I guess if we beat RM, much will be forgiven, but I suspect we've actually just made both games (RM and Arsenal) a lot harder on ourselves.

Leicester are the ultimate example of a team playing greater than the sum of their parts (PED's and dodgy decisions aside!). City are the polar opposite atm - a half decent manager would have pissed this league this season. We've had some shocking result changing decisions plus some really unfortunate key injuries but even with a modicum of tactical awareness and motivational skills it should have been a breeze this season.

I honestly can't see us making Top 4 based on that performance.

We could have had it wrapped up.

No way will we beat both Arsenal & Swansea, in my opinion, based on that today.

I thought you had cheered up :)

based on that today, you would have genuine concerns, but surely you know that isn't the team we will play for the rest of the season.

Why do you continue to post such utter drivel?

Allegedly you are a Blue..... so I ask,why you would base anything on a team that had eight players missing from our best line up? and the same eight that will probably play in our remaining games?

Based on our record against the top 8 teams this season it's fair to presume we won't beat Arsenal and Swansea have won 4 on the bounce at home. Why you so positive? We could quite easily lose both so top 4 is definitely in the balance.

If we make the CL final, we won't be at the 'next level' as a team.
We'll be at the next level when we can win our domestic league consistently, and manage to retain it once in a while.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.