Southampton post match thread

how about the manager in all this he picked bony and replaced the midfield with sterling and demichelis

He should be there as well yes!The team he picked should have put a better show on though.I have no idea who is drilling the defence but it was Sunday pub league defending and that is being unkind to half the decent Sunday pub teams out there!

It was almost like today the majority of the starting 11 new that by starting this game, meant they weren't going to be in the 11 for the Real game. Most of them look pissed off (and not in a good way). Oh well fingers crossed it'll be the last time some of those frauds get to wear a City shirt, every cloud.............

Sterling cost us 50 million and yet he can't control a pass, can't beat a man and can't strike a ball with power or purpose. What do we do with him?

That's the problem most of them that started today knew they won't be playing against Madrid and kind of know they won't be here next season(which is no excuse) pelle will rather try and win the champions league than get us finish in the top 4 and you can't Blame him, but will be happy to see him go for all he's won I just don't think he's improved us from Mancini

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

520 mile round trip but got 54 mpg so not that bad, but had to go a slightly longer route as the A34 was fucked near Oxford.
Decent parking space and at least the rags only drew. Then the game kicked-off and it went downhill.
We gave them lots of space to attack and made it easy for them to use their pace. We didn't press. We couldn't find space and we gave the ball away far too often, sometimes because there wasn't a pass on because no fucker moved and sometimes because we just didn't have a clue.
Pass and move? Nice idea but pass and watch gormlessly tends not to work. And so we find ourselves two-one down and he brings on MDM. WTF? I mean wt fucking f indeed. Then it's 4-1 and Nacho shows why he should have been ahead of Wilf in the pecking order. - And some cunts were praising MP for bringing him on slowly when the rest can see that had be been played ahead of Wilf then we might have another few points in the bag.
Anyway it's 4-2 and there are ten minutes remaining. So was there any urgency? Was there any desire to get the ball forward and pressurise the Saints defence? We had two free kicks just inside their half and we have Wilf, MDM, Otto and Mangler to aim at - so we played silly sideways balls that came to nothing.
Fucking shambolic. And we didn't even get to see Nacho's goals as the small-time, brown shoe cunts don't show away teams goals on the big screen.
Never mind, we'll look back and laugh when Vinnie picks up the trophy in Milan.

This.

Tells it like it is - players shouldn't get away with a performance like that...
They fucking will, though. They've been getting away with it all season. I'm sure they're all enjoying being holistic.

Sickening.

I don't blame Pell. The players didn't give a fuck about this match. Sterling and Bony were absolutely terrible. I remember sometime around the 70th minute the announcer saying "that's the first time I've seen Bony run all day". Sterling looks VERY FAR from being match fit/back in his proper form. Otamendi at fault for a couple goals. Delph was TERRIBLE. Kolarov also terrible. Zab not good either. Nacho's goals were nice, but besides that he didn't play well either. He and Bony look lost out there in a 442.

Embarrassing performance from a group of professionals.
Hes the one that keeps picking them

Most of the players don't give a fuck about how much it costs or what it means to the fans.
None of them do. Some pretend to but the reality is no footballer gives a flying fuck as long as they're getting their millions.

Performance indicative of a side whose players almost on mass who took to the field knew it was their last game in a City shirt.

You would think they would be playing with some pride but alas they showed there true colours to everybody who witnessed it.

Zaba , Kolorov, MDM , Delph , Navas to name but 5 injury aside played their last game for City so its not a great send off especially for Zaba because he perhaps deserved a bit better but there is no room for sentiment in football anymore.

Sterling would be shifted on as well but only has youth and a big price tag to keep him at the club however Pep will not give him much time to prove himself as he has been a huge disappointment so far.

Mangala and Oti as a pair clearly are not up to what is expected of a side that needs to compete for the premiership.

You would rather Huth and Morgan and that says it all although perhaps in their defence a weak midfield with no idea how to protect and a manager who has no clue how to set up a side and ensure they are protected better which only leads to a side quick on the break and with a modicum of skill in moving the ball to leave Hart exposed as often as Southampton were able to with no defensive line or pressure at all to cope with.

Another shambles of a performance with many in the side as mentioned too old and too slow that should have replaced by faster , more physical players than what we have led by a manager if I could even call him that who should have been replaced at least one full season ago.

Whether we fall over the line and hang on to fourth remains to be seen but missing out should be the final wake up call to the owners that all of those in charge of recruitment along with those responsible for the fitness and conditioning of the squad have not been nearly good enough to justify their jobs in a side with our resources and standing for far too long now.

We all know who they are and the should have to look at themselves long and hard and ask themselves why they shouldn't be replaced in the summer as well.

Our DOF has one last summer to make the owners aware that he isn't here for a holiday and a free ride on the back of their generosity to him.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.