Southampton post match thread

You make some good points but where i can't agree is what will happen when Guardiola takes over, i think the clubs mentality will change almost overnight, a strong,tactically astute,first class man motivator who is obssessive to the minute detail will radically overhaul the lethargy that Pellegrini has created and will inspire and bring out the best in a squad which is going through the motions and the deadwood will be cut adrift ,w'ell finally be managed by top quality.

I totally agree about Pep fella he's the dream ticket, it will take him longer than than some think to overhaul the mentality than some on here think.Getting rid of shit like Kolorov won't be easy, why should he leave? There will be half a dozen who will dig there heals in and will still be here in twelve months time.

The club has been put on hold for one mans arrival, and some of the planning in player contracts and aquisitions will mean his job is harder than it should be, the Euros will certainly put paid to his pre season plans .

Kelechi Iheanacho was shining star atop a steaming pile of turd yesterday.

Another league game given away before a ball was kicked.

The team's performance, especially the approach to defending, is more often than not a reflection of the manager's attitude before the game. The results speak for themselves.

Considering the resources available this has been a disastrous league season. Two games left to achieve the minimum target.

Kelechi Iheanacho was shining star atop a steaming pile of turd yesterday.

Another league game given away before a ball was kicked.

The team's performance, especially the approach to defending, is more often than not a reflection of the manager's attitude before the game. The results speak for themselves.

Considering the resources available this has been a disastrous league season. Two games left to achieve the minimum target.
And those two games just can't come and go fast enough.

Why do you continually mention the money we've spent as if you're auditioning for a job on Sky or BT sports?

Anyway, having a footballing model isn't something which is implemented overnight. You don't turn up and say "I want to play possession based attacking football" and snap your fingers and it's done. It takes time. We have made CLEAR progress in the CL since Pellegrini came in. None of the abortive campaigns we've previously had. That is a direct result of being a better side in terms of the football we play and how we play it.

Txiki has delivered Guardiola, De Bruyne, Sterling, and Otamendi since our FFP restrictions have been lifted. At the end of this summer i suspect his transfer record will look significantly different to how it looks now. That's not saying he hasn't made mistakes, because he has. No one is perfect.

I just knew you would mention the CL semi final in there,odds would have dictated we would have reached a semi sooner or later-it's hardly open top bus parade material.There are plenty of teams who are playing possession based attacking football in the PL, Tkixi isn't reinventing the fucking wheel mate.

I just knew you would mention the CL semi final in there,odds would have dictated we would have reached a semi sooner or later-it's hardly open top bus parade material.there are plenty of teams who are playing possession based attacking football in the PL, Tkixi isn't reinventing the fucking wheel mate.

I mentioned it because i'm a City supporter who's never in his lifetime seen our club go this far into Europe's preeminent competition. I mentioned it because it's relevant when people are marding it up about how upset they are. I mentioned it because I thought it might resonate with you. Clearly not. Begiristain isn't here to reinvent the wheel.

Now going back to where this began. Still think we're a club lacking direction or are you now prepared to accept that you may have been a tad hysterical when you posted that?

Since Txiki has turned up have we moved forward on the pitch? Does throwing another £200m at it make you happy? It's hardly a footballing model is it.

Yes we have. We have won a league title, 2 league cups and are in a CL semi final.

It really is that simple.

Could it be better? Yes

Should it be better? Yes

Is it the disaster a few, yourself included want to paint it? Is it fuck.

Yes we have. We have won a league title, 2 league cups and are in a CL semi final.

It really is that simple.

Could it be better? Yes

Should it be better? Yes

Is it the disaster a few, yourself included want to paint it? Is it fuck.

I suppose it's what, as a supporter you want/expect, from your team.
A lot of us are of the age where we had no glory to hunt. So to me, i want to watch my side
every week play decent football and hopefully that will bring dividends. That's why this season
has been painful. But if all you want, as some on here, is to smash all asunder and win every trophy going
to show who's bestest. And have had money on us doing the quadruple after 5 games into the season.
Then IT IS a fucking disaster.

I suppose it's what, as a supporter you want/expect, from your team.
A lot of us are of the age where we had no glory to hunt. So to me, i want to watch my side
every week play decent football and hopefully that will bring dividends. That's why this season
has been painful. But if all you want, as some on here, is to smash all asunder and win every trophy going
to show who's bestest. And have had money on us doing the quadruple after 5 games into the season.
Then IT IS a fucking disaster.

Winning trophies is nice, me , I'd like to walk away from the game and not feel cheated through lack of effort and desire, we are being conned by them, we had players with half there ability 10 years ago putting in more effort, and that's a fucking disgrace with this alleged philosophy we are told is at the club.

I mentioned it because i'm a City supporter who's never in his lifetime seen our club go this far into Europe's preeminent competition. I mentioned it because it's relevant when people are marding it up about how upset they are. I mentioned it because I thought it might resonate with you. Clearly not. Begiristain isn't here to reinvent the wheel.

Now going back to where this began. Still think we're a club lacking direction or are you now prepared to accept that you may have been a tad hysterical when you posted that?

Only slightly !

Got to say I never looked on Pellers as an innovator such as Pep, but the way he managed to rest ten players on the pitch during yesterdays game plus the eight changes he made..........yeah bring on Madrid!!!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.