Southampton post match thread

Tactically you also have to question why we reverted back to two upfront, away from home, when playing a weakened side. As you point out that could be due to limited options, partly brought about by having little confidence in the players breaking through at youth level and integrating them into the squad.

this is the key bit we might have the players to win but the tactics give them very little chance of actually winning. I was really annoyed with the chelsea game where we played the kids and then made them play with a man less in midfield

daztrueblue91 said:
These players we have will flourish under a manager who can prepare them properly. I cannot stress enough how much Pellegrini is a hindrance on this side. Yet again we come up against a side who like to play with pace and press the ball and we are on the receiving end of a hammering.

You would expect that any manager worth their wage would be able to learn from basic mistakes. It's not like Liverpool, Spurs, Stoke and Arsenal have already beaten, and in most cases thrashed, us this season is it?

So to go away to an inform Southampton, who adopt a similar style, with that game plan is full on negligence. I don't buy all the talk of our squad not being strong. Bony, Delph, Sterling, Nasri, Navas, Kolarov etc were all international players when we signed them, and most of them still are. They are just being mismanaged and misused.

What is even more staggering is that Pellegrini has shown in Europe that he can get it spot on. Sevilla away being a prime example where we were going to come up against a high pressing and fast side. That was the perfect blueprint for all of our PL away games against the fast and direct sides and Bony and Sterling both played a key role in Sevilla away. Yet yesterday there wasn't even a resemblance of that system.

Another think Pellegrini did what didn't make any sense was putting Aguero on the bench. He knew before the game that he wasn't going to play him no matter what so why not put a youngster on the bench instead? Would have made much more sense to bring on Manu Garcia rather than Demichellis.

If this season has shown one thing it is that we have some proper talent in our ranks and we need to be giving them game time. Iheanacho looks twice the player of the £44 million Sterling, Manu Garcia could have easily have had the same impact Delph has had this season and it wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if Denayer out performs Stones next season. We need to give the young lads a chance.

Top post, man!

Madrid rested several players on Saturday, as did Bayern Munich, ahead of the second legs.
But have those players been shite for months and given the ball away for fun everytime they've pulled on a shirt for months on end (Bony Sterling Delph Kolarov...) or did they deserve a go in their teams?

Sorry but I was not agreeing with your point, I was enquiring as to whether you knew how long the recommended recovery period is based on all the sports science knowledge that is now available but it would appear that you do not know.

The reason Pellegrini did not start most of the players who will begin the game in Madrid is because they would not be fully recovered.
They have 3 days to recover and this time of the season is game by game,the Southampton was not a game we could gamble with.

thanks for an honest answer, you know we all want the same, its just some of us have no confidence in him
What I can't fathom is with a maximum
of 4 games until the end of the season why we can't largely be unchanged especially after plenty of players have missed games recently. I get protecting Kompany and Toure but surely Clichy and Sagna can play the rest of our games. I also can't get why some of these players are not desperately trying to get themselves into the frame for Wednesday with their performances. Nasri aside some won't make the bench but might do had they put in a good performance. The only player who looks like he's trying to get in the team is Nacho.

of 4 games until the end of the season why we can't largely be unchanged especially after plenty of players have missed games recently. I get protecting Kompany and Toure but surely Clichy and Sagna can play the rest of our games. I also can't get why some of these players are not desperately trying to get themselves into the frame for Wednesday with their performances. Nasri aside some won't make the bench but might do had they put in a good performance.

I understand the scepticism but I felt we looked spent at the end of the real madrid first leg. They are going to have to work very hard on wednesday to have a sniff of a resilt and clearly Pellegrini thinks there isn't enough in the tank of a few players for them to play saturday, tuesday, sunday, wednesday, sunday - don't forget arsenal is a huge game too. My problem with his rotation is the fact that he has two teams rather than bringing one or two players at a time so that over the course of 10 games, everyone gets a couple of games off without the team looking much weaker in any one match. Pellegrini's problem is that the quality falls off a cliff from aguero to bony. Two years ago he had negredo and dzeko, which meant we were still strong even wiout setgio.

of 4 games until the end of the season why we can't largely be unchanged especially after plenty of players have missed games recently. I get protecting Kompany and Toure but surely Clichy and Sagna can play the rest of our games. I also can't get why some of these players are not desperately trying to get themselves into the frame for Wednesday with their performances. Nasri aside some won't make the bench but might do had they put in a good performance. The only player who looks like he's trying to get in the team is Nacho.

Did you see the aggression from spurs and chelsea tonight either of those teams would have blown us of the park playing with that aggression and intensity. when did our team of warriors vanish. toure kompany, zabaletta, lescott, barry, tevez, de jong, bellamy.

Did they disappear with our last manager.

Did you see the aggression from spurs and chelsea tonight either of those teams would have blown us of the park playing with that aggression and intensity. when did our team of warriors vanish. toure kompany, zabaletta, lescott, barry, tevez, de jong, bellamy.

And Atletico last week. Fcukin fearsome! You get a nano-second on the ball before they bite yer legs.

I saw a Spurs side blow a 2 goal lead.

Imagine the reaction on here if we did that!

No offense but 5 of the 8 you named did disappear
But to your point
It seems to me that teams take on their managers personality in a way
I'm sure that if a player went against or didn't follow the rules under Mancini he had hell to pay
I don't see Pellegrini being that way
Not that there's anything wrong with either
They're just different approaches

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.