Southampton post match thread

No offense but 5 of the 8 you named did disappear
But to your point
It seems to me that teams take on their managers personality in a way
I'm sure that if a player went against or didn't follow the rules under Mancini he had hell to pay
I don't see Pellegrini being that way
Not that there's anything wrong with either
They're just different approaches

our managers persona has lost us 10 games up to now which is exactly my point

yes the spurs side that took 6 points off us
Well, to be fair they benefited from two outrageously offside goals in one game (when we were the better team in the first half) and an even more ridiculous penalty in the second game.

That's a six points shift, enough to put us level with them, despite our massive injuries and fixture pile up, despite them benefiting from their best ever season, early cup exits and far fewer injuries.

I am as disappointed with our league performances as anyone else, but good to keep some perspective.

Well, to be fair they benefited from two outrageously offside goals in one game (when we were the better team in the first half) and an even more ridiculous penalty in the second game.

That's a six points shift, enough to put us level with them, despite our massive injuries and fixture pile up, despite them benefiting from their best ever season, early cup exits and far fewer injuries.

I am as disappointed with our league performances as anyone else, but good to keep some perspective.

i also think we had outrageous decisions go against us in the spurs away game, but back to my point, when have you seen city under pelligrini play with the intense press and aggression both sides did today

But why can't we rest players & try to play in a way which perhaps protects our weaknesses & nicks a goal ?

Why do we have to set up like Brazil 1970 but with Kolarov Delph & Bony ? Why not set up like Arsenal under George Graham instead or even Leicester under Ranieri & win 1-0 ?

This is spot on, it's not the resting players, I think everyone understands that it's the fact he won't say ok let's keep this solid stay in the game and try and sneak a win or a draw
That's why I can't hand him the injuries excuse, yep theyre injured so I'm afraid you can't play this fantasy football of all out attack today and win 4-0, make us solid hard to beat and get the ball to the ones on the pitch who can get us a goal as 1-0 will do today
You know all those millions you get paid to manage ? Well FUCKING MANAGE

Hart - Done alright
Kolarov - For the fourth time this season, should not play for City again! Fuck off!
Mangala - Unfair to judge playing next to that shithouse at left back.
Otamendi - Unfair to judge playing next to a full back who's legs have gone.
Zabaleta - Legs have gone, time to go.
Delph - Fuck off.
Dinho - Poor game, but had to play next to that fucking liability in midfield.
Sterling - Awful game, worst game for City, never beat his man.
Nasri - Done what he could, just back from injury, everyone alongside him was poor in midfield.
Nacho - Brilliant game, set an example which nobody followed.
Bony - Fuck off. Lazy twat.

Absolutely spot on...

You aren't following my reasoning if you think at any point I have advocated forfeiting the Southampton game. As to talk of disrespecting the competition, that I'm afraid is emotional bollocks. We have an expensively assembled squad that is supposed to facilitate rotation; several of the players that started yesterday have previously been keen contributors to us winning the title. Was it disrespectful to field Nacho, a kid who is rightly not yet a regular starter? Was it hell.

Oh and take a look at the team Pep fielded for Bayern on Saturday in a game that could have sealed the title for them cos you are going to find Pep very disrespectful.
"emotional bollocks" ... football is emotion, mate, where you think it's science.

And we're not talking about a little bit of rotation here, we're talking about all key players (Agüero, De Bruyne, Silva, some would even add Yaya, Kompany) being rested at the same time, which makes it a B-team no matter how you look at it.

It is hugely disrespectful, definitely if there's still so much at stake.

I'm not saying you suggested a forfeit, but if you're happy with the manager's decision to field a B-team in a difficult away game like Southampton, then de facto you are agreeing to sacrifice this game and thus to forfeit.

Or did you really think we had even the slightest chance of beating a hungry Southampton side still fighting for Europe playing an out of form, shape and class B-team?

And don't talk about Nacho, you know well he's one of the few exceptions that deserved his spot last weekend.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.