title contenders? you'd never have known it
on current form we're looking over our shoulders not up at those wankers

Balti said:
our defence was truly shocking
garcia....really....?!
we got what we deserved and it was entirely of our own creation

I don't think they were helped by a nonexistent midfield providing defensive help.

Jesus I think we better forget that game happened today, that was shocking from from the whole team. Before the QPR game I could see a resilient team gaining in confidence and looking like we had the bit between our teeth again. Suddenly we have capitulated. The body language was very worrying today, we was second to every ball and lost count the amount of times we gave the ball away.

On the positive side I think its a minor setback in the bigger picture. We never moved on from last seasons heroics, we surely needed a at least one or 2 marquee signings to freshen things up and stay ahead of the field and now we are counting the cost. BUT we have a very good chance of of getting to wembley again and im sure we will busy in the summer in bringing in top names. If we can concentrate on at least finishing 2nd and a FA Cup win again ill be ecstatic

Sparkys-Army said:
Balti said:
garcia....really....?!

I don't think they were helped by a nonexistent midfield providing defensive help.

true
that NDJ fella has been missed
and as for Nasri.....wtf?!

we keep showing the barry og bad as it was but what about the free kick before the first goal, just no need to take a quick free kick at the time or position

We were dogshit today. Virtually every player had a shit game. Sometimes that happens. We need to forget today & move on. The league is almost certainly gone. Let's hope we turn up against Leeds on Sunday.

A truly abject performance by the players tonight. Disgraceful in fact.

Mancini was let down, he picked a team easily good enough of giving Southampton a game and they failed to even compete.

On the other hand the fans were amazing, one of the best I've seen regarding City. The fans can really hold their heads high after the vocal backing they gave the team, shame most couldn't muster a thumbs up to the fans has they sloped off the pitch.

Milner comes out with a bit of credit and Dzeko for getting another goal but nobody shown any fight or heart, was hard to watch.

Give Guidetti and Lopes and start now, nothing to lose. Nasri isn't going to work out at City.

Another mention to the fans who were utterly fantastic.

Sparkys-Army said:
Balti said:
garcia....really....?!

Our defence maybe wasn't that bad today!! Bar the shocking mistakes of course but really I think the problem was the whole tactical approach to the game.

We all knew that Soton would be full of energy and seeking to close down quickly and high up the pitch.That's how the new manager works and we have seen it already in the few games he has been in charge.They played the scum off the pitch at the swamp in the 2nd half but just missed loads of chances.

Recognising that we should have been a little more difficult to get at from the start and for me that would have been playing only 1 up front and making sure we didn't over commit. More like an away game in Europe.

Seek to control the game and then the movement,passing and breaking wide and from deep can work.Instead we kept seeing midfield player getting too far forward,and full backs, which often meant Soton would be able to get behind the midfield either by playing long or just passing through us or winning tackles.

Their energy and pressing was excellent and then they were able to get at our defence too easily.I do accept our defenders were not good but they were not getting real protection and it showed up weaknesses especially in Garcia who genuinely seemed surprised when a long ball was knocked over his head!!!

Josh Blue said:
A truly abject performance by the players tonight. Disgraceful in fact.

Mancini was let down, he picked a team easily good enough of giving Southampton a game and they failed to even compete.

On the other hand the fans were amazing, one of the best I've seen regarding City. The fans can really hold their heads high after the vocal backing they gave the team, shame most couldn't muster a thumbs up to the fans has they sloped off the pitch.

Milner comes out with a bit of credit and Dzeko for getting another goal but nobody shown any fight or heart, was hard to watch.

Give Guidetti and Lopes and start now, nothing to lose. Nasri isn't going to work out at City.

Another mention to the fans who were utterly fantastic.

Well said that man! hope Nasri can grow some and prove you wrong

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.