Southampton Vs City Post Match Discussion Thread

Josh Blue said:
A truly abject performance by the players tonight. Disgraceful in fact.

Mancini was let down, he picked a team easily good enough of giving Southampton a game and they failed to even compete.

On the other hand the fans were amazing, one of the best I've seen regarding City. The fans can really hold their heads high after the vocal backing they gave the team, shame most couldn't muster a thumbs up to the fans has they sloped off the pitch.

Milner comes out with a bit of credit and Dzeko for getting another goal but nobody shown any fight or heart, was hard to watch.

Give Guidetti and Lopes and start now, nothing to lose. Nasri isn't going to work out at City.

Another mention to the fans who were utterly fantastic.
Agreed the fans were Brilliant!!!!!!

Squeaked wins against Southampton, QPR, Reading at home, failed to beat WHU, QPR away and lost to Sunderland and Southampton away. The fitness levels just aren't there. Why couldn't Nastasic play today ? Played Wednesday night in a friendly FFS. So what if he only got back on Friday ? He should have been able to play. If not Nasty then why not Kolo ? If YaYa was deemed fit enough to play why not Kolo ? Perplexing decison to play Garica at CB.
Short term transfer policy. Ok we saved money last summer by replacing players with cheaper alternatives. How much will it now cost to regain the ground we've lost this season ?

John Guidetti should have been on bench at least...also barry should have gone off... garcia, milner, silva and yaya should have been in midfield and kolo and lescott should have played cb. god knows why nasri started? hes fucking shit! fair play to dzeko who gave us hope! i recon mancini made a mistake of selling NDJ! we need to sell barry and nasri and buy vidal and marchisio

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R0v2Jt0Ju04" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R0v2Jt0Ju04</a>

stan bowles said:
Squeaked wins against Southampton, QPR, Reading at home, failed to beat WHU, QPR away and lost to Sunderland and Southampton away. The fitness levels just aren't there. Why couldn't Nastasic play today ? Played Wednesday night in a friendly FFS. So what if he only got back on Friday ? He should have been able to play. If not Nasty then why not Kolo ? If YaYa was deemed fit enough to play why not Kolo ? Perplexing decison to play Garica at CB.
Short term transfer policy. Ok we saved money last summer by replacing players with cheaper alternatives. How much will it now cost to regain the ground we've lost this season ?

It was a fucking mess today. The players were a mess and mancini's decisions were a mess.

Playing Garcia at CB madness.

Playing nasri at all...madness

Leaving Sinclair on the bench again Despite us clearly needing something different.

Complete fuck up.

tijuana tev said:
Champions2012! said:
50mmo3.jpg
Barry must have taken a bung for that. He had plenty of time to control turn to his left and clear.

I'm a Barry fan but he had a shocker today. What is worrying is that when he does have a bad game it really has an impact on the team's performance. It shows how much we need him and in view of his age, we really do need to look for a Gerard type of midfielder. Yaya has also probably had his best season (last year) and that leaves us with Milner and Silva

Attended the match today. I am in shock. The entire team were at best poor, at worst sloppy, reckless, foolhardy or uninterested. Most were a disgrace to the Club & the Fans. Is there something going on that the players know about or were they out late last night?
A certain newspaper gives the following ratings: 5 HART; 6 ZABALETA; 6 GARCIA, "City’s best player"; 5 LESCOTT, "a sluggish start, but he was not to blame for the goals, and for him to be pulled off was harsh"; 5 CLICHY "first two Southampton goals both came down his side"; 4 NASRI "Utterly ineffective and apparently uninterested at some point of the first half, substitution no great surprise"; 5 Y. TOURE, diminished; BARRY, "A nightmare. Sloppily gave away possession for their first goal and absent-mindedly scored their third"; 6 SILVA; 5 AGUERO, "City need more than this from him"; 4 DZEKO, "goal was a mishit, & his contribution was woeful".
Subs
MILNER (for Nasri 55) "Tried to spark things 6
KOLAROV (for Lescott 66) Couldn’t change it 5
MAICON (for Silva 73) No heroics for him 5.
Not used: Pantilimon, K. Toure, Rodwell, Sinclair"
Frankly, in my view, deduct at least 2 from each rating. As for Garcia, I say, you must be joking. I cannot fathom the manager's team selection or tactics. He appears to have grossly under rated soton. Putting on Milner & Kolarov were the only positives for me, (they should have started the game), so I rate Mancini zero today.
Soton are not that good, but City were a whole lot worse.

Re: Is Barry on the take?

HorshamBlue said:
Gives the ball away and then lazily tracks back and stands around whilst they score. Then nets past Hart with a tidy finish. What's going on here?

Not very discreet was he!!!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.