Southampton Vs City Post Match Discussion Thread

Terrible performance no doubt. City played like a bunch of 13 year old girls who were just dumped by their boyfriends and then ate a carton of cookie dough ice cream. There were a few different factors that resulted in this cluster frick of a football match but for me the MAIN REASON is not Mancini's tactics+formation+substitutions (which could have been better, but we all know we could have won with that lineup), it wasn't because the lads were "sad" that Carlos wasn't there, and Mario moved away. It wasn't because these professional athletes were too "tired" to play 2 matches in 4 days. Simple bad luck played a big role, but for me the #1 reason the match turned out the way it did was...

WE WERE MISSING OUR CAPTAIN, the anchor of the defense, arguably the best player on a team full of stars, and most importantly (along with Zaba) the heart and soul of the team. If Vinny were out there he wouldn't have let any of the BS that went on today fly. He would have told everyone to grow some cahonees, man-up and ended the pity party. That is what captains do. That what the armband is for. Not to mention he's a bit of an improvement over Garcia at CB.

Did you guys see when they cut to a shot of Vinny in the stands? If you have forgot how a strong, passionate leader can uplift a whole team this may refresh your memory.
AE05KompanyGoal.ashx

NanaToure42 said:
Terrible performance no doubt. City played like a bunch of 13 year old girls who were just dumped by their boyfriends and then ate a carton of cookie dough ice cream. There were a few different factors that resulted in this cluster frick of a football match but for me the MAIN REASON is not Mancini's tactics+formation+substitutions (which could have been better, but we all know we could have won with that lineup), it wasn't because the lads were "sad" that Carlos wasn't there, and Mario moved away. It wasn't because these professional athletes were too "tired" to play 2 matches in 4 days. Simple bad luck played a big role, but for me the #1 reason the match turned out the way it did was...

WE WERE MISSING OUR CAPTAIN, the anchor of the defense, arguably the best player on a team full of stars, and most importantly (along with Zaba) the heart and soul of the team. If Vinny were out there he wouldn't have let any of the BS that went on today fly. He would have told everyone to grow some cahonees, man-up and ended the pity party. That is what captains do. That what the armband is for. Not to mention he's a bit of an improvement over Garcia at CB.

Did you guys see when they cut to a shot of Vinny in the stands? If you have forgot how a strong, passionate leader can uplift a whole team this may refresh your memory.
AE05KompanyGoal.ashx
Some good points

We don't have enough captains.

When you have players like nasri playing, forget about fight and passion.

I hope Paris come in for him because he is everything I detest about footballers.

Wank yesterday and only FA cup to play for in early Feb.

Piss poor is an understatement.

Millwallawayveteran1988 said:
We don't have enough captains.

When you have players like nasri playing, forget about fight and passion.

I hope Paris come in for him because he is everything I detest about footballers.

Wank yesterday and only FA cup to play for in early Feb.

Piss poor is an understatement.

Imagine being Milner and that is in your place

Hart and Barry mistakes
Yaya played like he was still in Africa
Garcia slow as f*ck
Tevez absent again
Lescott feeling not wanted
Mancini strange managerial choices and blaming players publicly
Bad day at the office

[qugreat post,someone with touch of realismote="Eccles Blue"]Just had the loooong, wet drive home to think about the match. All I can put it down to is a 'bad day at the office' for everyone. Shame they all had it on the same day!! At one stage it looked as if their boots were just sticking to the ground!! No pace. But when Milner and Maicon came on it was sooo different. They really work well together, anticipating and they were going for it. Why didn't he have them on in the beginning I wonder? Not criticising Mancini, just pondering.

Did anyone else see that extremely quick glimpse of Vincent Kompany on the big screen? His face was like thunder, he was not happy and we were only 2-1 down at that stage!!

Onwards and upwards with the Boys in Blue.

While you were all singing 'We never win at home' I was singing away on my little ownsome 'We fight to the end' and ' The boys in blue never give in'!!! Some of the Southampton fans and the steward standing near me thought it was hilarious![/quote]

Eddie Man City said:
Hart and Barry mistakes
Yaya played like he was still in Africa
Garcia slow as f*ck
Tevez absent again
Lescott feeling not wanted
Mancini strange managerial choices and blaming players publicly
Bad day at the office
Yes but well done to blue fans. I watched on tinternet and could clearly hear " We lost last week ............ MCFC OK

NanaToure42 said:

AE05KompanyGoal.ashx
let this be a lesson to the management team sign more winners like VK PZ

baildon blue said:
I didnt think Southampton played that well.We just gifted them that win.

It's funny, I quite often like reading opposing teams forums after a game. It's amazing how many fans of other teams have said this after we've beat them in the last 2 seasons. i don't doubt that City weren't at their best yesterday, but try and give credit where it's due. We pressed high up the pitch, out-passed and generally out-played city. Three gifted goals aside, Saints were the better team throughout.

Ducado said:
It looked to me that something was wrong behind the scenes, not got a clue as to what it was, but something was not right
Something was definatley up. Even before a ball had been kicked when the lads where in the tunnell I me and my dad were sayin they all looked pissed off

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.