Southampton Vs City Post Match Discussion Thread

Something just doesn't sit right from yesterday. How can an entire team be woeful to that degree. Distraction maybe but, this game is so close to looking like a match fixed by at least two of our key players...

Ducado said:
NanaToure42 said:
Terrible performance no doubt. City played like a bunch of 13 year old girls who were just dumped by their boyfriends and then ate a carton of cookie dough ice cream. There were a few different factors that resulted in this cluster frick of a football match but for me the MAIN REASON is not Mancini's tactics+formation+substitutions (which could have been better, but we all know we could have won with that lineup), it wasn't because the lads were "sad" that Carlos wasn't there, and Mario moved away. It wasn't because these professional athletes were too "tired" to play 2 matches in 4 days. Simple bad luck played a big role, but for me the #1 reason the match turned out the way it did was...

WE WERE MISSING OUR CAPTAIN, the anchor of the defense, arguably the best player on a team full of stars, and most importantly (along with Zaba) the heart and soul of the team. If Vinny were out there he wouldn't have let any of the BS that went on today fly. He would have told everyone to grow some cahonees, man-up and ended the pity party. That is what captains do. That what the armband is for. Not to mention he's a bit of an improvement over Garcia at CB.

Did you guys see when they cut to a shot of Vinny in the stands? If you have forgot how a strong, passionate leader can uplift a whole team this may refresh your memory.
AE05KompanyGoal.ashx
Some good points

can any one get a picture, would love to see his face. (vinnies)

i wonder i he was pissed off as i was .

if i was mancini, i would have put the fear of god on those players!

We've been poor pretty much all season. Cant remember a truly convincing display. Compare that to last season when we were ripping teams apart...

Yesterdays performance was a joke.

First thing I said to myself this morning was , "Did that really happen?". It seems surreal. Yes, we have rarely hit the heights this season but we have not played anywhere neatly as bad as that. Six or seven players had, arguably, the worst games they have ever had in a blue shirt. Unbelieavable.

let`s take nothing away from southampton,they outclassed us from first whistle to last,their manager was getting slated by the press as `who are you` but he`s worked miracles,we looked dead last night and well off the pace,unfortunately as champions that performance wasn`t acceptable..
i`ve always thought mancini has been a lucky manager but it looks like his luck could been running out..
the next five games are biggies and instead of looking ahead we`re looking behind us at the chasing pack...
having said all this there will be more twists and turns before the season is out!!!

Got a bad feeing about things at the moment, dangerous downward spiral and seemingly a lot of discontent - not good

BurnCK said:
We've been poor pretty much all season. Cant remember a truly convincing display. Compare that to last season when we were ripping teams apart...

Yesterdays performance was a joke.

Was thinking the same. We are 2nd in the league, and only lost 3 games, but not looked anywhere near the team we were last season. We seem to build too slowly and struggle to get back when teams counter quickly. Don't stretch teams and make space or real chances like this team should be capable of.

I found myself wondering if some of the players want the manager sacked. Not that Mancini helped himself with the bizarre selection of Garcia and Nasri.

As for that Barry goal, I've never seen anything like it in my life, not even in schoolboy football.

I think Mancini has given up on the League and is saving players for the Cup. That's the most positive interpretation. If it's not that, then something is very, very wrong.

Mancini has admitted that 8 of the 11 he picked didn't play. If it is one or two then I think people can legitimately point fingers at individuals, when it is that many you have to wonder whether there is something fundamentally wrong. Think of how these players are capable of performing, the reputatons they arrived with and think about how many players in the squad have actually performed anywhere near their potential on a consistent basis this season. Last night was a new low for the season but we've been ordinary at best all season. I'm surprised people are surprised.

BrianW said:
I found myself wondering if some of the players want the manager sacked. Not that Mancini helped himself with the bizarre selection of Garcia and Nasri.

As for that Barry goal, I've never seen anything like it in my life, not even in schoolboy football.

I think Mancini has given up on the League and is saving players for the Cup. That's the most positive interpretation. If it's not that, then something is very, very wrong.
There was certainly something odd about the body language in the whole team. It reminded me of Hughes second last match at Spurs. Barry's reaction to the own goal looked strange. He had no expression on his face. Aguero looked unhappy from the kick-off. I felt from the first minute that we would not win.
Perhaps there is something in the Tevez stuff and the twitter rumours last week about Mancini getting the sack.
The own goal was almost as good as Jamie Pollock's!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.