Southampton Vs City Post Match Discussion Thread

We were by no means great but it was a wonder goal that lost us the points, 9 more times out of 10 he'd miss that. We've got Silva to come back, Jovetic to come in and most importantly we didn't lose like Chelsea or the rags.

Regroup and get ready for Arsenal who couldn't beat the rags away and are coming to the Etihad where we are pretty much irresistible. All in all a not good but decent day.

Didsbury Dave said:
We just kept giving them the ball back. One of those games where the passing goes to pieces. It was there to be won if we'd played to our potential, too.

It happens. I'll take the point. Come back silva.

Only problem being it happens far too often.

pudge said:
bluemoon risin' said:
bluemoon risin' said:
Hardest away so far against a fast raiding well organised side that pressed us, never allowing us to settle. I wanted 3 points as many of us did, but in reality, a point was a fair result I think...
A fair result would have been us getting no points
Can't argue with your opinion mate, I'm happy we got a point tbh.

point ain't terrible, especially considering that Chelsea and United dropped more points today so we actually make up one on Chelsea. But Arsenal are going to run away with the league the way things are going, no one else is as consistent as them.

Begbie said:
bluemoon risin' said:
bluemoon risin' said:
Hardest away so far against a fast raiding well organised side that pressed us, never allowing us to settle. I wanted 3 points as many of us did, but in reality, a point was a fair result I think...
a point was a fair result?

dunno what game you were watching mate...dick turpin would have been proud of us today
Correct. We stole a point today. Against a Southampton side with a load of injuries, and who had just lost three on the bounce. What does that tell you?

Too many players didn't turn up today - yaya,milner,Aguero,Nasri to name at least 4 - others were just poor.Only Fernandinho looked really up for it and without him,once again,we would have lost.

We need help in the midfield and we need a centre half.

jayblue said:
Arsenal win tomorrow and I think the title is theirs. Played off the park today by an understrength southampton. We havent got the workrate or heart to win the title
Not sure if its just the work rate or heart, 2 upfront away from home has been a major problem

Would you have taken four points from two away games on Tuesday?

I know I would

Next Saturday an absolute must win

Harsh on fernandinho. Yaya is not capable of closing anyone down and they outnumbered us in the middle of the pitch. I thought fernandinho was the one midfielder in the game, although nasri flickered.

Think when people like Tolmie were calling pellers a legend etc after west brom game it was too early.

Watching the game today I'm not convinced the formation is the problem. Unfortunately you can't play this with Yaya as one of your 2 mids. Thought he was bone idle today.

The return of silva will improve us but although not good enough today against a weakened soton I'd have taken 4 puts from the 2 away games.

Still think we need to add another top holding mid to the squad in January.

Final point well done to pants today. His handling was top class.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.