Southampton Vs City Post Match Discussion Thread

Based on what I saw it was even stevens in the area that mattered both in terms of shots on target and more importantly the scoreline.

It wasn't a good performance by us by any means but lets not pretend that Southampton were real flash.

In terms of possession in the final third and tempo and intensity the match lacked a lot of it from both teams.

They scored a great goal and other than that Pants had nothing to do outside a sliding tackle to close down a one on one which he did well.

Lelle said:
Unfortunately Pelle will win nothing in his career, sad fact....

You will get your moneys worth in entertainment with Pellegrini and he makes his teams perfect for the neutral to watch, but I do fear he lacks pragmatism to win trophies.

dowty said:
@BluePhil8 said:
cymru_mcfc said:
Awful performance. Can't believe nobody's picked out Kolarov's performance... he really was d0gshit. Best we can hope for now is for Arsenal to drop points tomorrow, and us beat them next week. Things would suddenly look much better if this happens!
Kolarov. This really does my head in. People can criticise Dzeko because we have a pool of strikers to choose from. Kolarov though? We don't have the luxury of 4 left backs to choose from so it's either him or Clichy, and Clichy offers as much going forward as a pineapple. Kolarov has been our outstanding left back this season.
"Outstanding", are you having a laugh?
Outstanding compared to Clichy. People seem to have a hard on for Clichy and I have no idea why. He has been skimmed by some wank players like Torres, Schurrle, McManaman. Completely over rated by some on here. Don't tell me he is good defensively because he isn't, he is shit.

Sky Blue said:
Stoned Rose said:
Some proper negativity on this thread.

Extremely valuable point against IMO the best team we've played all season bar Bayern.

Thought we were extremely resilient and solid as fuck. Their goal was a worldy finish and I have to hold my hands up and say fair fucks to osvaldo. Other than that they didn't get a guilt edged chance to score despite a lot of possession. They threw a variety of situations at us and we handled them well.

Annoyingly we had 3 chances at 0-1 to finish the game but were wasteful. This has cost us the 3 pts.

In the grand scheme of the season a point at st Mary's is and will prove to be a very respectable and significant point. They will finish top 5 and are a very very good side.

I fancy Everton tomorrow. Chelsea dropped points. Utd are hilariously shit.

A decent weekend in my book.

Good post in a sea of mard arsed shite....

citymad said:
Weird substitution. Putting Garcia on was also strange. Anyone with a knowledge of the game could see he wouldn't cope against southamptons energy and quick passing. That's what really worries me about Pellers, very rarely does his subs make an impact in a positive way. We were outclassed and outfought and but for poor finishing we would have been swept aside.

GTFO you drama queen...

They dictated the pace of the game throughout. Even when they weren't pressing we still played hurried loose balls time and time again. Just hope they show the same spirit when other teams visit St. Mary's. A poor performance from us, we don't seem to have a plan B when things aren't working, but I'm glad we at least came away with a point.

Begbie said:
@BluePhil8 said:
Begbie said:
a point was a fair result?

dunno what game you were watching mate...dick turpin would have been proud of us today
Bull shit. In the first half Aguero and Nasri missed absolute sitters at 1-0 A game of two half's but no way did we rob anything.
Southampton didnt miss sitters then?...have a word with yourself fella...we were mid table at best today and a second string soton should have buried us

You have to remember a couple of years ago at Arsenal we were saying the same things as tonight and went on to win the league... It wasn't a great performance today but we have gained on Chelsea and hopefully tomorrow Everton will get something at Arsenal and suddenly a point looks good. We lost this game 3-1 last year so bringing it to 1-1 is pretty good if you ask me. The only downside to today apart from not winning is Liverpool winning but we play them in a few weeks... We can so easily be top for new year with the run we have after today.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.