Southampton Vs City Post Match Discussion Thread

inbetween said:
gman07 said:
kawkav said:
more and more teams are learning

we are one sided and don't have plan B
I dont agree with that... southampton is playing one kind of football that we have very difficulty to deal with if you look by experience... not many team can handle that and im sure we would have tonked them at home but on their ground you have to except that they give their all... it really was an excellent football match that I really did appriciate... its why premier league is about... tough away games! everyone can beat everyone!

A lot don't appreciate also the work you have to put in to play like they did, they are suffering from injuries and might be stretched but they haven't had to put shifts into a European campaign and the vast majority of them aren't internationals. It isn't an excuse but their fitness levels and what was a brilliant goal is the only difference between a win and a draw for us.
I totally agree... even if they were injuryplagued they dont have european games to consider... and they have an impressive way to play football... their pressing is top class, one of the best I have ever seen... so with that you have to appriciate that we got 1 point... we dont like teams to press us all match through and thats the only way we can be beaten... not many teams have that energy in them... their goal was fantastic as was ours... but aguero was a bit wasteful in first half and if had gotten his chances converted it would probably be a win for us...

8pts from 8 games away from home...terrible..tactically wrong again today.over run in the middle of the park.not ommenting ln any of the players but in summary..all wank

Paulmcfc2703 said:
i8therags said:
Southampton have the 3rd best defence. Only Arsenal and Everton have conceded less. They are now above the rags and deserve to be. A good result for us today on reflection. I still think a win against Arsenal and the league is within reach for us.
Yet with all their injuries had conceded 6 in their last 2 games.
That Villa game was a fluke. They counter-attacked them and scored with almost every attack.

A point is a decent result at Southampton. Remember what they did to us their last season.

When you're not at your best, you have to try and take something from the game, and it took a wonder goal to prevent us taking all 3 points

Watched the game on Polish TV, didn't play well but had chances, Nasri and Aguero should've done better, but saints played v well and were dominating. A point was more than fair and they will destroy most teams on their day. If anything they will be feeling disappointed not to win that. Take the positives, 4 points from 2 aways, we won't be far off...

bluemanc1994 said:
Arsenal have Everton, City and Chelsea in their next 3 so they will hopefully drop points. Obviously we must win next week and cut the gap. Arsenal won't have it easy at all tomorrow with Everton on a high so hopefully they drop points. We play Liverpool on boxing day which is also a must win but if we're there or thereabouts come the New Year, we have a very good chance of winning the league if we sort our away form out.

My only worry is that we have only got to play Chelsea at home (out of the other 'top' teams) in the 2nd half of the season. Our away form added to going away to Arsenal, Liverpool, Spurs, and Everton. We would usually add the rags to that list but we will win there again. They're just hilariously bad.

Onwards and upwards blues!

Thing about those teams, though, is that they don't have the 'smaller' club mindset, and will play an open game. In my opinion we're more likely to do well at those places, than against the likes of Stoke, Sunderland, Cardiff etc, given the way we are currently set up.

prestonibbo_mcfc said:
Lancet Fluke said:
Not a good performance at all but a positive to see us grinding out some kind of result away against a good team when we are having an off day. Also if we beat arsenal next week then I reckon this will look a decent point.

When we beat Arsenal it will have no bearing on todays performance.

We look a long way behind Arsenal right now, but they have 4 very tough games before the end of the year (Everton and Chelsea at home, us and Newcastle away). If they're still so far ahead after all the fixtures have evened out, then fair play to them, and they'll probably win the league, but let's not panic just yet.

Garbage.

Outfought, outthought and outpassed.

Chasing shadows against a team that's good in possession - again.

The persistence on a 4 man midfield is costing us away from home.

urmston said:
Southampton on a bad run with lots of injuries.

The Stretford outfit just lost at home again.

So what do City do?

They bottle it.

That's the old, old problem with City.

They can't seize opportunities.

PS - the last six games of 2011/12 were the exception that proves the rule.

And Wednesday night!!

It's an improvement on how we have normally been away from the Etihad, and considering how badly we've been playing, I'm strangely content with that. Once we get the balance right away from home, we are going to actually be unstoppable.

Question: would that performance have lost to Sunderland?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.