Southampton Vs City Post Match Discussion Thread

Cheesy said:
Proelia said:
jimharri said:
Three questions for you.
1. Are you one of the happy clappers?
2. Did you see the game?
3. Do you expect us to be doing cartwheels after a performance like that?
You could understand the criticism if we lost , southampton created fuck all either and only scored through a wonder goal

You didn't actually watch the game did you?

Soton had 15 shots, 4 of which were on target.

Face it, they should have son that game really.
Yea i did watch it you tard and im not a fan to whinge over a draw and expect to be entertained every game

Ducado said:
Blumers Bloomers said:
Stoned Rose said:
Some proper negativity on this thread.

Extremely valuable point against IMO the best team we've played all season bar Bayern.

Thought we were extremely resilient and solid as fuck. Their goal was a worldy finish and I have to hold my hands up and say fair fucks to osvaldo. Other than that they didn't get a guilt edged chance to score despite a lot of possession. They threw a variety of situations at us and we handled them well.

Annoyingly we had 3 chances at 0-1 to finish the game but were wasteful. This has cost us the 3 pts.

In the grand scheme of the season a point at st Mary's is and will prove to be a very respectable and significant point. They will finish top 5 and are a very very good side.

I fancy Everton tomorrow. Chelsea dropped points. Utd are hilariously shit.

A decent weekend in my book.

Good post

Puts me in mind of the hysteria when we drew at home to Sunderland 3-3 in the season we won the league - look how important that point turned out to be.

I am afraid the hysteria will last all night on here, slowly getting worse as the night wears on

I think Stoned Rose summarised the game well , we could have been out of sight and their goal was class , a one in ten type goal you might say.

Other than the one on one with Pants in the second half for all their puff they created nothing.

Again in the second half Toure and Aguerro had the best chances on goal.

Normally I am pessimistic but really some posters on here who said Southampton's second string side dominated are kidding themselves.

Don't get me wrong we are struggling away from home and it will cost us big time this season if we don't get our act together but as John Hartson succinctly said it was more a lost opportunity for us.

As for Southampton , I am confident of a top ten finish for them and that's about it.

Bit like WBA last season so far and no more impressive than that.

Marvin said:
That was a good point

Is it beyond some of you to realise that Southampton are very strong at home and played a good game?

Win at WBA, draw at Southampton. That will see us slowly catch Arsenal. One step backwards, two steps forward.
Yes Southampton are strong at home but Boruc, Clyne, Schneiderlin & Wanyama were all out.

How does that show we are catching Arsenal? If the win tomorrow they move further ahead of us!

Begbie said:
inbetween said:
Begbie said:
Southampton didnt miss sitters then?...have a word with yourself fella...we were mid table at best today and a second string soton should have buried us

You have to remember a couple of years ago at Arsenal we were saying the same things as tonight and went on to win the league... It wasn't a great performance today but we have gained on Chelsea and hopefully tomorrow Everton will get something at Arsenal and suddenly a point looks good. We lost this game 3-1 last year so bringing it to 1-1 is pretty good if you ask me. The only downside to today apart from not winning is Liverpool winning but we play them in a few weeks... We can so easily be top for new year with the run we have after today.
thats the whole point though...a few years ago I would have put us in with a shout as we knew the players might be able to turn it on...with this manager i just dont see it happen

Don't think this is the managers fault. The players attitude/mindset is at fault. Every time we need to roll sleeves up and work for it, we
fail. Everyone expects Aguero/Nasri/Yaya or whoever to win it for us with the talent they have. All the other side has to do is show
some commitment and a share of ability ( i'm not knocking Southampton) up the pace and off they go.

How do you define a bad performance? Is it by being dominated in the possession stat? Or is it by only drawing by conceding to an absolute wonder goal?

It's neither. Sure, going forwards we were lacklustre, bordering on boring. But defensively we were the most solid we have been for a long time. If you were to offer me 4 points from away games at West Brom and Southampton, I think that would have been what I would have expected.

Weird subs, though.

Armaan said:
Yaya Toure is a liability against any side with pace and intelligence in midfield. Don't think I will watch Tuesday will be am embarrassment against Bayern.
Yaya is suspended for Bayern but I do agree. Today we could have done with 2 Fernandinhos.

Southampton have the 3rd best defence. Only Arsenal and Everton have conceded less. They are now above the rags and deserve to be. A good result for us today on reflection. I still think a win against Arsenal and the league is within reach for us.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.